Good Customer Service

Guest MarkD

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share a good customer service experience.

I bought a Pfleuger President spinning reel a little over a year ago - not an expensive reel from memory a little over $100. It served me well until recently there was that whiteish corrosion (know the type?) appearing around the spool and the action of the reel was not smooth when slow winding.

I looked up the Pfleuger website and sent them an email explaining the problems and also mentioning that I had lost the receipt. Within hours I had a reply advising me to send the reel into them and they would asses it for a warranty claim. A week to the day later I have recieved back a brand spanking new reel and a spare spool :1clap::1clap: and the original reel with my fireline.

The moral of the story for me is where possible, to always deal with the manufacturer directly.

Cheers

Mark

here's another one

i bought some metal slices through ebay, the supplier is in tassie and they arrived 2 days after my payment cleared. the trebles were poor quality and had to be replaced before use so i sent them an email (polite) to let them know. to my surprise i just got a reply thanking me and explaining they were aware of it and thought they replaced all the bad ones but obviously missed mine.

as an apology they are sending me some samples of some new lures they are getting in. :thumbup:

needless to say i am now paying more attention to their other items.

Mark,

It is heartening to hear about experiences like yours. Were you dealing with the parent company in the USA or the Australian distributor?

I had a similar experience not long ago when my favourite fishing hat developed a huge hole in the crown. It was all of 10 years old! When I looked at the label, I noticed that it had a "lifetime guarantee". Ever the optimist, I shot off an email to the manufacturer in Canada, together with a photo of me wearing the hat with my hair sticking up through the crown. Not a pretty sight. No argument at all; a lifetime guarantee is what it said and that is what I got. My new "Tilley" hat arrived shortly afterwards for the cost of the freight. Apparently a Tilley hat that belongs to the bloke who looks after the elephants at an American zoo has been through the digestive system of an elephant three times and is still going strong. They are not a cheap hat, but they truly are a great product.

Now what do you think Pflueger might say if I was to tell them about the trouble that I am currently having with my 42 year old Pflueger Sea King overhead?

Now what do you think Pflueger might say if I was to tell them about the trouble that I am currently having with my 42 year old Pflueger Sea King overhead?

64655[/snapback]

Cameron,

I dealt with Shakespeare locally

Thats a great story. :thumbup:. With regard to your reel my guess is that they would tell you sitck it where that guys hat appeared from :biggrin2:

Edited by MarkD

here's another one

i bought some metal slices through ebay, the supplier is in tassie and they arrived 2 days after my payment cleared. the trebles were poor quality and had to be replaced before use so i sent them an email (polite) to let them know. to my surprise i just got a reply thanking me and explaining they were aware of it and thought they replaced all the bad ones but obviously missed mine.

as an apology they are sending me some samples of some new lures they are getting in.  :thumbup:

needless to say i am now paying more attention to their other items.

64064[/snapback]

i had the same problem, probably the same supplier, also in Tas! i shoud have said something, but then i always replace the trebles on my metals with straight shank Mustad singes anyway :biggrin2:

in saying that, the slices where as described and the guy is an asset to the ebay community! honest, reliable and contactable!

cheers

chris