Land based kingie

Kooks

I hadn't done a kingie session for a while so on Sunday I did my early morning start (4am) and collected some squid before heading to my eastern suburbs land based harbour spot. The way I figured it was with high tide at 4am the kings would be desperate to eat at first light before the tide dropped too much. Boy was i right. A i chucked out my live squid i saw a few kings darting about. In the space of about 5 seconds i was on. It was a rat but what do i care…it's my first kingie for a while. As i got him near he spat the hook. For the next hour the kings toyed with me as they swam up to my squid and looked but didn't touch. I tried a surface stick bait for a one hook up but once again I dropped it. Eventually I decided to strip the squid after a chucking out a small bit of squid that got devoured by another king.

The strips worked and I was on. Ater a 5 minute battle and a few tense moments it was landed. It measured just below 60cm and was put back much to the distress of the the old guy fishing near me. I had to explain to him if we all kept undersize fish there would be no fish to release.

post-12654-0-49303900-1394528277_thumb.jpeg

Good stuff mate...

Lol I've had old fisherman next to me pulling their hair out because I'm throwing back rats, and no matter how many times you tell them it's undersized they can't quite grasp the concept of throwing back a 64 cm fish

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk