Hacking Kings

filthmonger

Headed out yesterday at first light, straight to Shark Island to get some Slimys and Yakkas. The bloody Sweep were in plague numbers and it took me ages to get 2 yakkas. No matter the spot i wanted to fish always has massive amounts of yakkas (this would come back to haunt me). Long trip to get to the spot and there was another boat downrigging squid without much luck. Anchored up got a berley trail going and sent one yakka down deep and another on a balloon. As soon as the balloon drifted out something massive was splashing around it trying to grab the yakka as all this was happening my other rod goes off and i pull in a decent 70cm king.

The action on the balloon stopped so i reeled him in and sent him down. I turned my attention to getting more bait look in the berley trail not a single yakka spewing!! Just then my rod buckles over and this thing is going nuts. After a long fight i pull in an 80cm model which is a PB for me. Realising im on a hot bite i pull up anchor and race to a spot where i know i can get some more bait. Quickly catch 5 yakkas and head back only to find a scuba diving vessel perched up right near where i wanna be. I anchored up anyway and had a crack but to no avail.

Oh well cant complain plus i learnt a valuable lesson.

1970458_10203402441885090_1718682260_n.j

Did you have any soft plastics on board? You could have jerked a few of those around.

Didnt even think of that, had some knife jigs too shouldve used those.

Nice work ! so kings in the hacking do exist !

Not quite mate this was outside the actual river.

hi there , noticed the mono , what braking strain do you like to use ? thank you leonard.

80 pound fluro with 50 pound braid.

Hey mate was this the hacking or harbour? Isn't shark island in the harbour?

Theres a Shark Island outside the Hacking, its a bombie towards cronulla. One of the best surf breaks in Australia. Youtube it!!