Treatment works port kembla15.3.14 off rocks. Bonito and salmon

scarab36319

watched the other fishos off the rocks, s/e corner using varied rigs. Suspended pilchard under a float getting salmon or a weighted float towing a 4 to 6 inch squid trailing lure about 3m behind with fast retrieve hauling the bonito in.

Rocks were packed with people and ended up packed with fish heads and rubbish.

No one was using berley.

Seemed like bite was best about low tide.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I must have seen you then scarab36319 was wondering if I should post on this but u did it before me lol! anyway people there are crazy with bonitos and salmon. all massive and they just keep getting one another. bloody pool in the rocks though.

This is typical for all the rocks along the coast , as soon as some fish turn up all the grubs come out to play, catch as many bonnies as you can ,clean them high up on the rocks where there is no chance of the pools being cleaned out by the high tide and the place smells like a tip ! oh and I forgot about leave as much rubbish as you can bring in. I reckon the greenies are right in saying ban fishing, anyone who reads this go down to your local ledge and see for yourself the filth that is left behind by these vermin. We are our own worse enemy boys. For christ sake clean up after yourself or we will loose our fishing rights.

A few days ago, I had a swim at Wanda Beach, and when I headed to the shower area, I saw many scales scattered about the sink and ground. Scales from a jewie around the 5 kg mark.

I would say the dickheads scaled the fish on the ground outside the toilet block, then washed the fish in the large hand basin.

Edited by yowie

I would say that the breakwalls at Port Kembla would be the dirtiest spot I've ever fished. There is no respect for the environment whatsoever and at times there is dog shit left on there. What I don't understand is that it is fishos leaving this filth there who surely must realise the damage they're doing to the environment and sealife.

I don't mind cleaning up after myself and some others if I'm the only one but when you have 40 people fishing like crazy, dying fish flopping around in pools or on the rocks, fish heads cooking in the sun and rubbish in general scattered I had to just walk away. Needed fisheries to walk down and do licence checks. I reckon most would have either got done or vanished mysteriously.

I'll second that. Always leave filth everywhere and constantly taking undersized fish. Bloke I was chatting to the other day on break wall told me he saw one fellow catch and take over half a dozen rats. I have caught easily over 100 kings, none legal, every one quite rightly returned to grow. If I can do that... well.

I would say that the breakwalls at Port Kembla would be the dirtiest spot I've ever fished. There is no respect for the environment whatsoever and at times there is dog shit left on there. What I don't understand is that it is fishos leaving this filth there who surely must realise the damage they're doing to the environment and sealife.

not dog poo seen a little fella squat and drop on the he started fishing next to it

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

come on guys how many of u see the rubbish and walk strait past it?

There's too much there, I gave up doing that at the breakwalls years ago. It's getting worse. There is a big bin near the car park too.