Afternoon on the river ---- EP heaven

mrsswordfisherman

A nice afternoon so we decided to hook up the poly and go to Chippo.
Apart from the usual pests on their jet skis deliberately driving maniacally in the 8 knot zones we enjoyed the arvo. :gun_bandana:

Swordie has a habit of taking my gear and using it. I normally get given some other rod of his and I insisted that I be given my gear.
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my rods and reels all ready for me to use. :)
post-869-0-79397200-1394867610_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-91515500-1394867627_thumb.jpg

post-869-0-31618100-1394867609_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-71986600-1394867544_thumb.jpg

Very confident using my very OWN custom made rods and favourite reels I was soon onto the fish.
About 3 casts in I started my attack. Stewy yells "slow down the retrieve and let it hit the bottom" and I responded with " I'm On" and "shut up :) "

I pulled in a lovely healthy looking EP that was a new PB for me. I said to swordie "get the net stupid (oops Stewy) and don't miss it!!!!!" and after 3 woeful attempts at trying to knock my PB off the line he finally netted it. :clapping:

post-869-0-28689700-1394867658_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-84360800-1394867667_thumb.jpg

Swordie caught 2 tiddlers and a flathead that was really destined for neonatal ICU. I continued to pole more huge EP's. Stewy started rummaging around looking for the same lure as I had and casting into my splashmarks.

So he then decided that he would move on now from the hot bite of EP's and take me to the jewie hole. What a waste of time that jewfishing is :thumbdown: jewfishing is for losers :yahoo:

I turned around and saw black sky and lightning and we made a run for it just getting back and into the car with boat on trailer before it started pouring

post-869-0-11086200-1394867679_thumb.jpgpost-869-0-73082500-1394867704_thumb.jpg

Haha well done Donna, good to see you showing Stewy how its done. Good to see him getting a bit of net practice in hehe. That rod looks the part too. I like how your name is on it. What kind of lure were you using?

Thanks for the giggle.

Haha well done Donna, good to see you showing Stewy how its done. Good to see him getting a bit of net practice in hehe. That rod looks the part too. I like how your name is on it. What kind of lure were you using?

Thanks for the giggle.

Thanks Luc I was using an old battered Squidgee wriggler that was found on the floor of the garage in gold and black 65mm and a 1/12 jighead heheheheheh

My sportfishing equipment was 10lb braid and a 12lb fluorocarbon leader able to pole any EP on the planet :fishing1::20:

The location was the island opposite the Angle Park boatramp - if anyone wants to know I can supply a google map with a big red x on it :secret:

um where did I say I haven't caught a jewfish??

I should have said it is mighty boring waiting to catch one.

Any pics of your Jews on sp mrsswordfisherman

kingfisher84 I never get defeated by the way :harhar:

thanks for the positive comment sam bros :)

Good luck Donna!

Never tried a dolly but I am sure they are great if the hype is to be believed.

Who is taking bets for the best fish of the day between you and Stewy???

I will put $10 on you if the recent EP trip is anything to go by hehe.