Overnighter in Hawkesbury.

spaners

Evening all.

As the boss is away for 3 weeks[YEE-HAAAA] im doing a overnighter at Juno pt chasing Jews,then into Pittwater chasing Kings at first light.Im not looking for fishing advise but I am after advise from my learned friends what they take for a overnight trip.Obviously I have a sleeping bag,cooker,bacon eggs,solar lights,warm cloths,small tarp etc.

What do most people take,and do you fish all night or pull into a sheltered bay to get a sleep.Thanks in advance.

Regards Stu.

Edited by wher'd all the fish go

I understand what your saying Syd12,but I wanted to catch the tide change at Juno just around dark,fish it till about 8pm then off to a spot that fishes well at nigh on a run out tide till around 11pm.Then rest up{with a line out} till around 5pm and into Pittwater.I just could not be bothered taking the boat out for a few hours,so I thought why not sleep in it.

Last time I went out for an all nighter I took snacks, water, warm clothes I could sleep in without a sleeping bag, a bottle of rum and all the fishing gear required. The best thing I took though would have to have been the rum... Was great for keeping me warm on a cold night. ;)

Luc.

Last time I went out for an all nighter I took snacks, water, warm clothes I could sleep in without a sleeping bag, a bottle of rum and all the fishing gear required. The best thing I took though would have to have been the rum... Was great for keeping me warm on a cold night. ;)

Luc.

This is what im after.....just filled the hip flask up with Glayva.

Double bag on the sleeping bags mate...best move..also take a thermos with hot water and some powdered milk/milo premix and you have hot chocolates to go! Best thing in the world when you don't want to get on the turps

Don't take Nbdshroom, he forgets the coffee! Sorry personal joke!

Done an all nighter in the hawkesbo many times. Fishing the tides are the best chance of a Jew but I would definately find a sheltered bay for the night. Food, drink, bait, lights and fishing gear is all you need.

Glow sticks on the tip of your rods are useful too!

Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Don't take Nbdshroom, he forgets the coffee! Sorry personal joke!

Done an all nighter in the hawkesbo many times. Fishing the tides are the best chance of a Jew but I would definately find a sheltered bay for the night. Food, drink, bait, lights and fishing gear is all you need.

Glow sticks on the tip of your rods are useful too!

Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Early cheap pot shots! And it's only Autumn still haha.

Edited by nbdshroom

My experience is I cant sleep so I just stay awake and fish but if you can get a few hours thats always great.

All good advice here from the members.

Oh yeah, I like the idea of taking the cooker for a feed because its when you are half way through cooking the bacon and eggs

you will get the best run of the session and there will be bacon and eggs, hot pans and fat eveywhere when you lurch accross to grab your rod with a big jew on the end.

... at least thats the way it always goes for me! ... the buggers seem to know when you are disctracted by something.

Good luck!

Edited by fragmeister

Guest Aussie007

hawkesbury gets very cold at night what type of boat do u have? if a open boat or a CC your going to freeze your ass off, i use to do all nighters 2-3 times a week on the hawkesbury best thing u can take is enough food because you'll be hungry at 3am and its to far to drive to buy something and just spoils the night, take plenty of drinks also

avoid the bridges while the tides running to many catfish they seem to drop off when the tide changes

Bloody weather,just pulled the pin...Spent hours last night getting sorted only to wake up to a storm forecast,up to 22kt winds and 3.8mtr swell at 7pm tonight.So during the day i'm thinking shall I,shan't I,shall I shan't I.So around 2pm it was all systems go,pack the boat,fuel up,hitch up and off we go heading to Woy Woy ramp,only made it half way as the rains came down,pulled over and waited,and waited,and waited.Sod it, made the decision turned round and went home and unpacked in the rain.Now I'm home and dry I just hope we have a mega storm tonight to justify me pulling the pin.Better luck next weekend I hope.

Thanks for everyones time who responded and gave ideas.

Been raining like hell can see lightning in the distance and the wind has just started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck dude,just put the dogs to bed outside and it looks perfect at the moment,not a breath of wind,stars poking through the high cloud cover.Wish I went now...Bugger.