yakkas - port hacking

timk

hi guys,

new to the forum and after some advice if anyone can assist. looking to try the port hacking tonight (aiming for jews).

my question is, any recommendations as to where i can catch some yakkas? ill be landbased so limited as to where i can go.

Hi,

If you are land based any of the wharfs will hold yakkas.

Lillli Pilli Baths is a good spot.

The Wharf at the end of Lugarno Rd in Woollaware is good for yakkas

The wharfs in Turriel Bay

Any wharf really, but the ones closer to the sea are generally the better ones.

Yakkas like clean water so after rains this is even more important.

Cheers

Jim

mate try any wharf you can, last night I found them to be a little picky with my bread baits so maybe get some prawns, pilchard or mince. oh yeah there were heaps of dart/sweep and those yellow black striped bait stealers too, patience is required

thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. i tried a few wharfs last night with no luck (yowie bay, dolans bay). either i wasnt patient enough or they werent around haha.

any good jewfish spots in the hacking anyone would like to share? open to pm's also. i was hoping to fish wally's wharf although got there only to find others already fishing the jetty.

Guest Aussie007

thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. i tried a few wharfs last night with no luck (yowie bay, dolans bay). either i wasnt patient enough or they werent around haha.

any good jewfish spots in the hacking anyone would like to share? open to pm's also. i was hoping to fish wally's wharf although got there only to find others already fishing the jetty.

dolans bay or wallys wharf gets smashed by fisho's who target only yakkas and slimies so its not a surprise u came up empty handed, there are other bait fish that u can target in the port hacking like poddy mullet and gar fish in the upper reaches of the hacking near the weir u can catch poddy mullet at swallow rock reserve off the wharf and just a little down stream thru the shallows in the 8 knot zone you'll find shit loads of gars at night with a spot light if u have a big enough net u can drive along and scoop them up we have done it before not very productive but u do manage to catch a few gars