25.04 Pomatomus saltatrix

VBCB

Autumn, grey water, lots of wind swell, lots of oxygen in the shallow water, yes it couldn't be better.

After 2 years without targeting my first Australian love, mister TAILOR; I found the conditions too good this morning to stay in my couch, took a medium lure outfit to hit a local Sydney ledge, seeking for Pomatomus saltatrix.

On my second cast the first fish of the day confirmed my thoughts, and another dozen came and tried to chew on my metal in the next hour and half, what a delight.

All the fishes went over 45 with the biggest (on the picture) pointing at 57 cm. Kept a couple of "damaged" ones for the table, as I am one of these weirdos who really fancies fresh tailor on the plate. :)

post-30692-0-93996900-1398399822_thumb.jpg post-30692-0-02683700-1398399838_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic a wave splashed my camera and I didn't notice the fat drop on the lens.

there was a time here in Sydney when you could buy butterflied whole cold smoked tailor , we would shallow fry them in oil ,then sit down with a square white loaf of bread, pepper, lemons , and a couple of bottles of KB , no one thought that they were second rate fish back then.

there was a time here in Sydney when you could buy butterflied whole cold smoked tailor , we would shallow fry them in oil ,then sit down with a square white loaf of bread, pepper, lemons , and a couple of bottles of KB , no one thought that they were second rate fish back then.

Mate I wish I had had a taste of that! Many oldies told me about that smoked butterfly tailor already and that sounds bloody good... I'll prob buy a smoker one day just to smoke these tasty oily guys, for now I can only imagine how good they'd be ;)