Doughnuts cooks river

whitewash

hey raiders,

I decided yesterday that i needed to get out of the house for a bit as iv been rested up after having my knee operated on so I threw the rods in the car and went for a drive down to the cooks river parked the car and hobbled over to the river. the tide was almost at its lowest point so began casting around the pillions with my SP squidgy fish.

nothing came of that after 30mins so i began moving further towards the mouth. systematically moving every 10mins or so untill i seen some bait fish jumping and i began to focus my energy in that area.

then i seen what was making them jump it was a pair of frigate macs or bonito… not sure.

geese they were quick i seen them move about 200m in about 10-15 secs and when i put my SP in their face they just swam around it…..

I changed SP to a white jerk shad and received the same results.

I then changed to a halco twisty at which time the pair had moved on and I decided I should do the same as my leg was starting to give me a bit of grief.

all in all it was good to just get out of the house for a bit of fresh air and sunshine.

enjoy

Whitewash, were you cranking that metal super hard?

Fast moving metals get them excited, but it could have been they were locked onto that one bait source and a tonne of pilchard fillets wouldn't even get a sniff

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Yeh I was trying all different retrieval rates…… constant fast/slow, hard rips with pauses, 3 or 4 winds and pause.

I just think they had there food source and they weren't going to eat anything else.

I actually went back today and had a good hit from one (I assume) on the squigdy SP gave me one or two big runs then turned towards me as as i took up the slack he had spat the hook. ahhh well another day.

I actually went back today and had a good hit from one (I assume) on the squigdy SP gave me one or two big runs then turned towards me as as i took up the slack he had spat the hook. ahhh well another day.

That's the spirit, there's always another day

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...