Spare wheel lift for NT Pajero.

Paikea

Following some good advice from Raiders I purchased a spare wheel lift kit for my NT Pajero to allow the rear door to clear the tow hitch.

Following are some pics of the kit. If you want to enlarge the pics just click on each to make them full size.

I will post further pics when I fit the kit.

Cheers

Paikea

Installed the plate today. Too easy!

Cheers

Paikea

Plate installed.

As per the difference between the original bolts (now countersunk screws) and the new studs it lifts the spare 50mm allowing it to clear the trailer coupling. Very happy with it.

The thickness of the plate helps to clear the rear wiper.

Good onya mate, just today I got told a story of a work mate washing his rav 4 parked in the drivway of his home and noticing scum had been out last night and knocking of his nudge bar and spare off the tailgate.

Lets just say when he gets his new one no basxxxx will be getting it off as easily as they did after I tamper proof them for him.

Be careful..

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

I'm glad it worked Paikea.

I would be interested to see if you don't mind how far the tailgate opens when it's rigged up before it hits the which post or whatever.

I will take some pics the next time that I hook the boat up. (Death threat if I dare to go fishing this weekend, Mothers Day. Ha Ha.)

The spare cover is bolted on from inside the door so impossible to get off without opening the door.

Thanks Leo, when you fitted the plate did you have you had any problems re routing the wiring?

Cheers

Paikea