Bad start, good ending!

G'day raiders

As the swell was flat my brother, my dad and I headed off to the boat ramp but the tide was so low at the ramp, the sand was covering it and because we were towing in an all wheel drive, down sink the wheels in to the sand!! We were bogged!

post-33875-0-08216800-1400147195_thumb.jpg

After a bit of help from a fellow fisho we got out! Dad was releaved and provided the nice bloke with some spots to fish as a thank you!

We kept our heads up and were heading to Broughton but as we get to the heads the wind picked up and chopped the water so we changed tactics and headed for some flatty! We pull up to our spot and were swept off the bay so we moved to another spot which was a little windy and still had the wrong drift! With two small flatty caught and the sun fading, we changed tactics again and headed to our snapper spot off corlette anchorage. It was first drop with a pilchard tail and off the line went! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. We thought snapper then after a nice fight, we land a 50cm snapper. This is a PB for me!

post-33875-0-54177800-1400148165_thumb.jpg

After that we couldn't keep the anchor on the floor so we decided to pull up and head home

All up, an alright fishing session :)

Cheers scratchie-jnr619

So, they were Dad's tyre marks I saw there! I tried retrieving my boat from the other side of the ramp and got bogged before I even put the boat on the trailer. Got pulled out by another bloke with an X-trail, too, who was waiting for the tide to come in. It was going to be a long wait so I drove my wife back to the cottage and bought a $5 shovel on the way back and we cleared some wheel tracks. Got out OK in the end. Bad day for us (wife had a banana on board!). I got 2 nice flatties but no good outside.

Baz

So, they were Dad's tyre marks I saw there! I tried retrieving my boat from the other side of the ramp and got bogged before I even put the boat on the trailer. Got pulled out by another bloke with an X-trail, too, who was waiting for the tide to come in. It was going to be a long wait so I drove my wife back to the cottage and bought a $5 shovel on the way back and we cleared some wheel tracks. Got out OK in the end. Bad day for us (wife had a banana on board!). I got 2 nice flatties but no good outside.

Baz

I know the ramps were shocking !