Pleasant day in the bay!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Spent the day today with my wife and youngest 2 children drifting around the bay throwing SP's and chasing a few flatty for a feed.

It was perfect conditions for cruising around but the fishing was a bit tougher. I managed a nice lizard on a 5inch jerk shad in pink.

post-24974-0-75271800-1400403472_thumb.jpg

Caught a few more undersize ones and played around changing plastics each drift. It is funny that what works one day, may not work the next. Today the pink jerk shad was the winner but on other days it's been, 80mm squidgy fish and 5in jerk shad in pilchard and pearl.

We all caught a few fish but the most excitement came from my daughter. She was patient all day and cast continuously every drift waiting for her turn. And them it happened, dad, dad, I've got one. She wound it in and I didn't want to let her down like her brothers failed netting attempt last time. So with one scoop, in the net she went and the smile says it all.

post-24974-0-62009400-1400404114_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-26819000-1400404151_thumb.jpg

Finished up catching a few squid as well for bait next outing.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

So good to see the little ones getting into it.

Just wondering if you use the clip on off swivels for your plastics in order to change them quickly or stick with the traditional loop knot etc?

Meg

So good to see the little ones getting into it.

Just wondering if you use the clip on off swivels for your plastics in order to change them quickly or stick with the traditional loop knot etc?

Meg

Thanks meg. I don't use snaps, only for gamefishing.

I only use loop knots with hard bodies. With SP's, I tie my leader straight to the jig head. I will use the same jig but change type of plastics I use.

Thanks meg. I don't use snaps, only for gamefishing.

I only use loop knots with hard bodies. With SP's, I tie my leader straight to the jig head. I will use the same jig but change type of plastics I use.

Hey bud try the loop knot on the plastics too with flattys and bream, they seem to float more naturally and it lets the plastic do its thing. ;)

Hey bud try the loop knot on the plastics too with flattys and bream, they seem to float more naturally and it lets the plastic do its thing. ;)

Yep, that's the way I've been fishing for a while now, with the loop you showed me.

I feel I've had more success tying it straight to the jig! Either that, or my action has improved.

its always a great day with the children, nice work scratchie, dont you wish there hearts stay as children always excited .

Cheers mr Groper! Their excitement is infectious. They must get from me. I still carry on like a kid when I pull in a nice fish.

Gotta love the look on kids faces when they catch something, anything.

And top marks to your little girl for casting as you described, tell her that we are all very impressed!

Cheers

Paikea

Gotta love the look on kids faces when they catch something, anything.

And top marks to your little girl for casting as you described, tell her that we are all very impressed!

Cheers

Paikea

Cheers paikea! I was impressed too. Normally she sits in the cabin but her older brothers weren't there. She was determined to catch a fish. What's better, she really enjoyed eating it too!