Gigantic PB Aussie Salmon

joking fish

I caught this mammoth Australian Salmon at Palm Beach yesterday. It went 71cm and beat my old PB by about 12 cm. It put up one hell of a fight and caused me all kinds of grief. It took about 7 minutes to land and I finally learnt from my mistakes and brought a net. Me and my brother also caught about 8 legal Trevally and a Leather Jacket, all of which were released. I can't wait to cook some Thai Fish Cakes with the Salmon fillets. Absolutely cheering!

post-16627-0-94093600-1400651256_thumb.jpg

post-16627-0-16044100-1400651275_thumb.jpg

i thought fishing had been banned from that wharf by the council.

has the ban been lifted?

I have checked the dpi website and cannot find any restrictions for fishing from this wharf. If anyone can provide further information please do so.

Scratchie mod team

I have checked the dpi website and cannot find any restrictions for fishing from this wharf. If anyone can provide further information please do so.

Scratchie mod team

I have been fishing there for years and I have never had a complaint.

Nice sambo, well done. Personally, I would have kept the trevally for sashimi and the leather jacket to eat. Even in fish cakes, cannot do salmon!

Cheers,

Steve

I already had several fish from 2 days before I caught the Salmon. I can only eat so much fish. I don't like to see quality fish go to waste so it was only logical to return a few to the sea. Besides it just means there will be more for next time.