Jewfish

Harbour Hauler

Yes they will. Fresh and/or live baits generally produce bigger fish. The bigger the bait generally bigger the fish. What bait are you using???

Is there a certain tide you are catching them??

Is there live bait on the area you are catching them?

These questions may help you provide the answer!

Cheers scratchie!!!

At least your catching them I can't seem to get myself one I gotta get more serious about itSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive caught a few around gladesville bridge..tho at night on squid stripes.

You might wanna try there.

E

• 4 weeks later...

stick to it mate a big one will come around, i caught my biggest jew on a strip of fresh squid and a 1/0 bream hook. if it aint broke don't fix it the old saying goes. Stick to your guns enjoy catching what you can and your luck will change soon enough.

agree with scratch accept all my decent jews have been caught on a simlpe prawn whilst not targeting them as Galini mentions, but have seen many landed on bigger baits,Thats why they are the holly grail of the fish , they aint easy to catch and big fish dont get big cause there stupid many hours brings results keep trying!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you any catching Jewfish by lures? If yes, what size lures?

If you are targeting jews with hard bodied lures i suggest lures made for Barramundi, size and weight depends on method of fishing and what time of day/night. For example, lure fishing for a Jew from a breakwall/rocks i would go for a 120mm Minnow.