My first kingfish

TimDinh

Caught my first king this morning after 3 months been trying using different methods from live squid, yakka, soft plastic, lure to spinning gars. Not thing big just right on the 70 cm mark, 2,8kg, I am still over the moon, just want to say thanks everyone for their shared knowledge and this wonderful site

I was spinning gar this morning, 50lb braid, 3 meters 50lb flurocarbon, 1 hook near the top hook size 6/0, rod daiwa sensor surf 12ft medium heavy, reel shimano stradic 5000fj upgraded carbontex drag washer, drag was just shy of being lock, caught it about 730 this morning just 2 hours before low tide off Eastern suburb stones

post-21753-0-56730700-1400848517_thumb.jpg

post-21753-0-75866400-1400848550_thumb.jpg

post-21753-0-63359300-1400848560_thumb.jpg

Edited by I like fishing

i can give you a clue, that rocks is the foundation for the green on the toughest hole of that course

That only helps if you are a golfer!

Seriously, its not hard to pick. Did you make sashimi from the fish? If so post your recipe, we all like to learn more about eating fish raw.

Cheers

Paikea

Well done

That only helps if you are a golfer!

Seriously, its not hard to pick. Did you make sashimi from the fish? If so post your recipe, we all like to learn more about eating fish raw.

Cheers

Paikea

Well done

yes, true it was a give away. and yes sashimi but nothing special, just thin slices with salad and wasabi in soy sauce, how would you eat them raw? Thanks

Edited by I like fishing