Balmoral this morning

The Rev

Went out to fish the high tide this morning out of Manly. After trying a few spots ended up at Balmoral. Ended up catching lots of fish (about 40) with 10 keepers. 6 Trevally up to 38cm, 2 bream around the 30cm mark, 1 flathead (37cm) and a just legal flounder.

Cheers

The Rev

adatepu7.jpg

Nice catch mate, some of my best days fishing have been around balmoral. What bait done the damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used a variety of baits... The old humble chicken breast soaked in some minced garlic plus some salted striped tuna fillets from my last outside trip

We used a variety of baits... The old humble chicken breast soaked in some minced garlic plus some salted striped tuna fillets from my last outside trip

the chicken breast does it again

nice mixed bag there

cheers

the chicken breast does it again

nice mixed bag there

cheers

Yes - I was sceptical about it as bait for years but reading of lots of posts here on fish raider about guys catching fish on it persuaded me to give it a go a few months back. At half the price and twice the ease of using it, I am a big convert. I have caught this season the following salmon, kings, spangled emperor, bream, trevally, and flathead to name a few! The one thing I have learnt is this… soaking it in tuna oil might be good for the fishing but it takes about a week to get the smell out of your hands!!! Cheers

the Rev

Yes - I was sceptical about it as bait for years but reading of lots of posts here on fish raider about guys catching fish on it persuaded me to give it a go a few months back. At half the price and twice the ease of using it, I am a big convert. I have caught this season the following salmon, kings, spangled emperor, bream, trevally, and flathead to name a few! The one thing I have learnt is this soaking it in tuna oil might be good for the fishing but it takes about a week to get the smell out of your hands!!! Cheers

the Rev

Hahaha

Yeah takes a while to get the smell out

I also find that chicken thigh stays on the hook better and still catches fish

Don't know if a lot of people use thigh

But it may be worth trying

Cheers

I started using chicken thigh with fresh minced garlic recently and the fish really seem to love it. Caught my first legal bream in Australia with it a couple of weeks ago and I agree with Sam Bros- it stays on the hook for ages. My only issue is having to wipe your hands every time you re-set the hook to avoid the risk of salmonella!

For the smell pour a generous amount of dettol antiseptic on your hands and then wash as you would with soap! You smell like a public toilet for 10-15 mins but that's ok!

Haha - will have to give it a try. Thanks

The Rev