I love my daewoo

Fab1

This has been a fantastic reliable little car since buying it new in 2001.

In that time I have only done the usual brakes, tyres, timing belt, fluid flushes/changes etc.

Car still has original clutch, driveshafts, alternator, radiator etc with 220psi in all cylinders.

Steering rack is just starting to tire and is weeping slightly so I ordered a brand new one for $145 delivered which ill change in the morning before work.

a7esazav.jpg

Moral of the story look after your cars and they will look after you no matter what brand.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

True that mate, it goes for anything, look after it and it will look after you.

May I ask how many kms????

My first car was a 1996 hyundai excel, I owned it for 8 years, travelled to uni at wollongong 5 days a week as well as all the other running around. When I sold it it had 314000km's on it. The only major thing that had to be replaced was a clutch and timing belt once only in its life with me, ofcourse regular servicing occurred.

Many people beleive that daewoo and hyundai are rubbish but i beg to differ.

Guest Aussie007

i changed cars from a commodore to a 2000 excel recently gone from using $50 petrol in a week to using $52 worth of petrol lasting 3-4 weeks, recently drove to melbourne and back in the excel cost $210 in fuel for 20 hours of driving not bad indeed 1800km's distance i never want to go back to a big V6 or V8 again

Done and dusted, finally had the chance to r&r my rack today.

2emytuga.jpg

Besides having the extra work of dropping the exhaust, unbolting struts from steering knuckle,removing swaybar, dropping k frame to get access to this last pesky mounting bolt shown in photo above, im ready for another 300k after 2.5hours.

For an brand new oem rack delivered to my door for $140 and 2.5hrs work im still $430 in front from the cheapest quote I'd had.y6e2uze2.jpgu2yse6u8.jpg

New one fitted.ugabune4.jpg

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk