Wisemans past few weeks

aboz

Hey raiders little report on what myself and the mrs have been catching over the last few weeks. It's all wisemans both jettys and at night time high tides and Hawkesbury squid for bait. It started mother day took dotie( Donna) down for a little arvo mission. As we wait for the tide to top and the sun to go down Donna sets up our supply's on the old jetty. Long n short between us we had five jewies over the night.we took home a 70 and a 74cm for the table. ebu5epa6.jpg thinking after a dry spell for while and taking two home and since they are about we should back it up the next night. So down there again only an hour later than Sunday and on the timber jetty it's the same resultety7e7y3.jpgutarugu8.jpgurenu3ed.jpg that was a smaller one about 58 and relished. So 2 good nights in a row for the Jews. Anyway decided to hit again that sat night made or little camp on the old jetty n had a mate turn up that I hadn't seen in 15yrs and stayed longer than intended. About half run out my over head buckled and reel screamed a massive run!! Picked it up and monster ray peeling line and running amok around the pylons. 15 mins later and up comes a ray a good 1.5 metres across. Donna tryed to get a pic just to show the size but it was to dark to get one properly. No keepers and knocked a rod in the water but was a good night in all. So hit again last night this time on the low and this time no Jews or rays but a big 70cm flattie for donnas fish collectiona4u5yrar.jpguza7ehan.jpg would of let her go but when you go so many fish less sessions to a few weeks of good eating fish well sorry it's going into the family's tummys. Cheers spotiendotie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Spotie, good to see you and the missus getting into it and grabbing some good fish. That flatty is a cracker mate and those jews look super good. A couple of well productive sessions. I hope the rod that went over was recovered. It would have been swim time for me had I have been there hehe.

Well done mate.

Luc.

Cheers guys[emoji106][emoji106] no recoveries luc! That rod was way gone. The tide was ampping and I just let that monster ray go!! I ain't getting in that dam river bro!

great work nice fish you and the mrs got there i hope to get some jews soon 5 is a great catch on one night nice flatty also

what rig do you use there mate

cheers sydneyfisher12

2 6/0 hooks on 60lb leader bout a metre long with a running 4oz snapper lead on the main line. Big gear but better to be safe than sorry[emoji57]

Excellent stuff mate! That's some quality time with the Mrs :) and very well done on the jewies! As a bloke chasing his first seeing 5 come in give me hope haha. I'm with you on hopping in the river :P where do you get the Hawks squid from?

Keep it up!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Excellent stuff mate! That's some quality time with the Mrs :) and very well done on the jewies! As a bloke chasing his first seeing 5 come in give me hope haha. I'm with you on hopping in the river :P where do you get the Hawks squid from?

Keep it up!

Cheers

Witha

thanks mate she is my partner in crime theses days and loves the night missions as much as I do!! Lol. Normally grab it from blakes marine in Windsor or st Mary's sometimes.

Great Catch Mate, haven't had much luck around Wisemans lately.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

hang in there mate they are about even though a lot of the time it doesn't seem like it.

thanks mate she is my partner in crime theses days and loves the night missions as much as I do!! Lol. Normally grab it from blakes marine in Windsor or st Mary's sometimes.

Awesome mate :) Yup the girlfriend has gone from tolerating fishing on days off to saying "wow you know I actually like this". slowly ease her into the less pleasant sessions!

detication pays off spottie, you must have a real cooshie job to fish all night and work during the day lol,nice flattie well done dottie,you know as well as i do there are still some big jews up there,keep up the good work

detication pays off spottie, you must have a real cooshie job to fish all night and work during the day lol,nice flattie well done dottie,you know as well as i do there are still some big jews up there,keep up the good work

haha you know I do diesel. Lol. The dedication helps when you have a tops gal to drag me out every chance she can[emoji106] and yeah the big ones do defently get up there as we know. Cheers bud!

well done Adrian, some cracker fish there mate! the wharf at wiso's is very underrated for jew there have been some stonkers caught from there at times, very nice lizard also! I have a feeling this season will extend till about the end of june due to the unusual warm weather and water temp when they usually start to disappear around now. Im heading back down this Saturday morning with the new girlfriend it will be her first time out fishing with me so I am hoping to get her on to a good fish! hopefully I will have a good report to put up on sunday!

pete.

well done Adrian, some cracker fish there mate! the wharf at wiso's is very underrated for jew there have been some stonkers caught from there at times, very nice lizard also! I have a feeling this season will extend till about the end of june due to the unusual warm weather and water temp when they usually start to disappear around now. Im heading back down this Saturday morning with the new girlfriend it will be her first time out fishing with me so I am hoping to get her on to a good fish! hopefully I will have a good report to put up on sunday!

pete.

thanks pete. And you are spot on about the underrated wisemans. It can be very hard fishing anywhere in the Hawkesbury but it dose produce a lot of cracking fish. You can have 50 fish less trips and throw every bait at em for zip. It's all about enjoying just being there and once you work out time of year and what tide is best for what spot and so on you find out that the hawkesbo is still loaded with whoopers. Was speaking to a pro down there few weeks ago and he rekons he netted a metre and half long flattie up near mills creek and has been getting massive Jews busting through his net over near the 4 knot sign on the other side. So definitely worth getting amongst it. Cheers spotiendotie..

Great work spotie! Love the wine and biscuits, great way to encourage the mrs!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

haha cheers scratchie!! Lmao. Donna dosnt need encouraging mate. If it was me who packed supply's for trips mate I would have the poor girl left starving n thirsty!!! Bait rods gaff n net is how I travel[emoji106][emoji106]Donna is the one who makes it 5[emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93] n comfy! Cheers mate

Edited by spotieanddotie