Mixed Bag In Sydney Harbour

Sydneyfisher12

G'day Raiders ;)

headed out on the harbour again with the fisherman6784

got to drummoyne at 8:30 and launched straight away saw a bust up in the distance went over to it started chucking metals at them but no luck so i changed over to a power bait 3inch minnow with a 1/12 and hooked up instantly on a nice salmon got it in and it was 50cm. went back to the bust up i hooked up again 55cm and then i landed a 45cm meters away from the boat ramp while i was on my fish the fisherman6784 hooked up on a nice fish it went 54cm and fought harder than all the other ones we let go all of our salmon when out on the boat

the technique we were using was a quick whip casting to where the fish last bust up let it sink and start the quick whip plus i got all the action on my gopro i will upload it soon

the salmon went quiet so headed to chinamans beach got there burleyed up got 6 or 7 nice trevally kept 4 i then landed a nice watsons leaping bonito 51cm a first for me :D most of the trevally had rat kings following them but we just couldn't get them to bite landed a whole heap more trevally let them all go. i then landed a banjo shark on 6lb it was about a meter long and then my dad hooked up to a nice kingy but pulled the hook :ranting2:

we decided to try clontarf we got there but we only go pinkies and jackets so moved to balmoral got there burleyed and got some pinkies and the frigates started busting up we tried to get one but had no luck i hooked up to what i think was a frigate on a pillie cube but it pulled the hooks :ranting2:

last stop was middle head also got nothing there there was alot of chop there from the southerly winds and the 1m swell so didn't stay long and went home

on the way home i saw heaps of fish busting up under the harbour bridge and as the boat went past fish boiling

not many people on the water either which is weird for the long weekend

cheers sydneyfisher12

post-33466-0-91938600-1402140878_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-37399000-1402140890_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-82816400-1402140900_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-08511700-1402140915_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-21284000-1402140929_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-48102000-1402140941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Well done mate good results. Them Watsons Bonito are great eating if you bleed them straight away and put a deep cut through the end of the tail.

I think the reason not many were out was the weather forecast was supposed to be pretty miserable. I have an open top boat so with forecast rain I decided to give it a miss but woke up to nice blue skies I was cursing the weatherman all morning. Promised to go shops with the wife so couldn't change plans !!!

Hopefully if the weathers good il be on the water tomorrow

Well done mate good results. Them Watsons Bonito are great eating if you bleed them straight away and put a deep cut through the end of the tail.

I think the reason not many were out was the weather forecast was supposed to be pretty miserable. I have an open top boat so with forecast rain I decided to give it a miss but woke up to nice blue skies I was cursing the weatherman all morning. Promised to go shops with the wife so couldn't change plans !!!

Hopefully if the weathers good il be on the water tomorrow

Wake up at your normal time, look out the window, a quick check of the internet weather, if it looks good, go fishing, if windy and raining, go back to bed !!!

Great work guys, one thing I would advise though... if you want to release a fish in the best condition wet your brag mat and your hands to minimise the amount of slime taken off the fish. The slime is what keeps infections at bay and gives the fish the best chance of survival. I have seen fish which have been handled incorrectly in captivity and it can be quite nasty. Keep up the good work boys.

Luc.

Great work guys, one thing I would advise though... if you want to release a fish in the best condition wet your brag mat and your hands to minimise the amount of slime taken off the fish. The slime is what keeps infections at bay and gives the fish the best chance of survival. I have seen fish which have been handled incorrectly in captivity and it can be quite nasty. Keep up the good work boys.

Luc.

we usually do but just forgot this time in the future I will always do it

Cheers

Luc.

Yeh

We did it a lot in the hawkesbury when releasing flathead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk