Sydney Harbour - Nice Flathead And Heaps of Trevally

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders today i headed out for a fish

got the boat ramp at 8am and headed straight for chinamans beach (my go to spot ATM)

arrived there started the burley trail an then fished unweighted baits down it landed about 30 trevally between me and my dad all legal they all went back because we both don't really like to eat them the best would off been around 40 and there great fighting fish

i put out a strip of squid out the back and it got taken by something big it was a nice flatty that went 58.5cm i don't know if it was a female but l let it go because i thought it was my dad wasn't very happy because it his fav fish to eat i had to explain why but i felt happy to let it go

we proceded to catch another 15 legal trev's and then went and got lunch at balmoral

i then anchored up at the north end of balmoral and got a few pinkies and then more legal trevally about 10 of them and i moved on to just off clifton more trevally i was trying to get some bream for a feed but there were trevally after trevally all legal around 20

then we headed home

it was a great day and we caught heaps of fish :D

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

post-33466-0-48519300-1402732730_thumb.png post-33466-0-85324300-1402732764_thumb.png

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Wow

Great day mate

Sounds like u had heaps of fun and caught heaps of fish

I'll take it there were no salmon

Anyway still a great day on the water

If u want bream, u should of gone to sow and pigs reef. Apparently there getting some there

Well done

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow

Great day mate

Sounds like u had heaps of fun and caught heaps of fish

I'll take it there were no salmon

Anyway still a great day on the water

If u want bream, u should of gone to sow and pigs reef. Apparently there getting some there

Well done

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes your right no salmon but at the boat ramp there were heaps of commarans eating bait fish but no big fish next week ill try sow and pigs

If you are into sashimi (raw fish sliced wafer thin and then dipped into soy sauce and Wasabi) then Trevally are are great. Nearly as good as Kingfish. Just a thought.

Steve

Trevally just over legal size are reasonably good eating if nothing else to catch, skin the fillets and remove the bones, a number of different ways to cook them.

thanks for the tips guys the main reason we didn't keep them is because we already have heaps of fish at home and we were thinking we were going to something different

If you are into sashimi (raw fish sliced wafer thin and then dipped into soy sauce and Wasabi) then Trevally are are great. Nearly as good as Kingfish. Just a thought.

Steve

Too right mate!

Yakkas are in the same class. They are all closely related I suspect.

I take my trevally fillet them and slice off the boneless top of the fillet for sashimi. This is a quick and delicious feed

when I get home from fishing.

I pin bone the bottom of the fillet and cook them up in beer batter later on.

Cheers

Jim

gday raiders today i headed out for a fish

got the boat ramp at 8am and headed straight for chinamans beach (my go to spot ATM)

arrived there started the burley trail an then fished unweighted baits down it landed about 30 trevally between me and my dad all legal they all went back because we both don't really like to eat them the best would off been around 40 and there great fighting fish

i put out a strip of squid out the back and it got taken by something big it was a nice flatty that went 58.5cm i don't know if it was a female but l let it go because i thought it was my dad wasn't very happy because it his fav fish to eat i had to explain why but i felt happy to let it go

we proceded to catch another 15 legal trev's and then went and got lunch at balmoral

i then anchored up at the north end of balmoral and got a few pinkies and then more legal trevally about 10 of them and i moved on to just off clifton more trevally i was trying to get some bream for a feed but there were trevally after trevally all legal around 20

then we headed home

it was a great day and we caught heaps of fish :D

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

Well done! Its good to see you releasing the flatty like that.

Me personally I prefer the taste of a fried trevally over a bream. Try them if you haven't already.