Where are the hairtail in Sydney Harbour?

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

Looking at Google map the waters around Taronga zoo appears to be pretty much only accessible by boat is that right? Does anyone know any spot near that water that are accessible for landbased fishing?

Thanks guys!

I have got them landbased at middle head a few times. NNe corner there is a track to cliff edge and about a meter drop to another track down the cliff. Need to do a day reconnasince the first time. There is high ledge cast as far out as you can with pillie and float with chemical light on top of float will also get tailor. Can also fish your feet in low swell can get to another ledge on the right at waters edge for bream light line and no weight but burley up

9 hours ago, FishermanSteve said:

This time last year I've seen them around blackwattle bay, near the cement works 

9 hours ago, dj_hansen@bigpond.com said:

I have got them landbased at middle head a few times. NNe corner there is a track to cliff edge and about a meter drop to another track down the cliff. Need to do a day reconnasince the first time. There is high ledge cast as far out as you can with pillie and float with chemical light on top of float will also get tailor. Can also fish your feet in low swell can get to another ledge on the right at waters edge for bream light line and no weight but burley up

Thanks heaps guys!