Port Hacking Fish and Squid

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

It's been a while since I've been able to fish and put up a decent post. Haven't been out in over 3 months and boy it was good to be out there again on home turf. Had the boat packed and ready to go from Friday night for Sunday.

Anyway, Sunday morning came along and Meng (gonefishing) turned up at my place at 5.30am ready to go. We hit the heads by around 7:00am and headed South to all our usual spots that we know to try and catch as many species as we could in one day. First fish in the boat was a kingfish which was landed on the troll not far from the heads but was just under so back in it went to hopefully grow into a meter plus kingie. Ventured further down South and drifted for a few hours catching loads of leatherjacket (small in size) and plenty of blue spot flatties, keeping half a dozen each. Beats bought fish which I've been having to do for a few months. There was also plenty of slimey Mackerel to be caught while we were drifting for the flatties.

Coming back up the coast we stopped at our usual squiding spots and managed 9 in total. Also having fun on the Salmon which were in big schools using lures. Also picked up a few reef fish and one Morwong before heading home.

Had a great day out.

post-13990-0-66634000-1403435720_thumb.jpg

post-13990-0-82670600-1403435789_thumb.jpg

Nice haul mate well done, first fish into the boat after that kind of spell and it's a kingy...This is a sign you should fish more haha. Good lookin squid and flatties, tasty tasty meals there. What kind of lures were you hitting the salmon on?

Keep it up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Guest stephanb79

Good job I cant wait to get out there as we'll ? If you don't mind me asking where do you get the squid from pm if you like thanks

A good feed there Chris, a few nice flatties amongst them.

I headed up from Lilli Pilli this morning to where I caught fish last week, and only pulled out 1 legal reddie, 43cm long and one tailor bite-off.

Might be nearing time to try outside.

A great catch and a top day, thank you for sharing.

Re your name do you own an 18 Ft Pongrass boat? In their day they were very popular.

If you do own one I would love to see some pics of it.

Cheers

Paikea

Good job I cant wait to get out there as we'll ? If you don't mind me asking where do you get the squid from pm if you like thanks

Stephenb79 catching squid in your boat if you go outside can be done anytime of the day.

I didn,t start squiding till 2pm yesterday I stay in close and cast jigs around in 25 to 60ft of water in as many places to suit the weather on a given day and fish at the same time also.Squid aren,t shy and if you come onto a school they will let you know in one or two casts otherwise move to a new spot and try.I squid all the way along the coast they are found anywhere there is kelp the key is to prospect until you find them schooling up and don,t just sit in one place.

Dave great size snapper for the port.

its coming to that time of year alright out the front is a better chance.

A great catch and a top day, thank you for sharing.

Re your name do you own an 18 Ft Pongrass boat? In their day they were very popular.

If you do own one I would love to see some pics of it.

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks Paikea,

My 18ft Pongrass boat was upgraded to a Caribbean 7yrs back.

They sure made a great boat back then and gave me plenty of pleasurable trips and was sold only due to engine troubles and was a very dry riding boat.

Chris.