Thursday 18 July - Wide of Browns

duckegg

Boys

Was out on Everwilling yesterday and got almost to Heatons. No SBT. 2 yellowfin were caught and that was it. Not much activity and even in the 56ft Viking we had a pretty slow and rough trip back.

I have a 25 foot Boston and for those of you that havent ventured wide be careful, go with other boats and be very conservative. Even in a 20 knot westerly it will take you a very long time to get home and no fish is worth your life and your crews. I have on occasion seen some 15 foot boats out there and just shake my head. If the weather turns to custard (and sooner lor later you will get caught out) you are in dangerous territory.

Johno

We were out north of heatons in 500 Fa on Thursday.

Heard marine rescue talking to some sailboat that said the wind was going to blow up in the late afternoon. The thing is when we checked the forcast in the morning on willy and seabreeze the forcast was for 15-20Konts which is quite fishable in our boat.

To cut a long story short it was very quite with only one yellow fin caught near us and a very wet and rough ride home.

One of the crew has damaged his ribs and five of us were pretty sore wet and sorry when we got back to pittwater .

Very right mate

No fish worth your life

Might of been a slow day but you still got around to some fish

Fish on the troll or cubing

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6784 unfortunately my original post was not clear. Yin caught but not by us goddammit. I think they were both caught on the troll. Would have been very uncomfortable cubing yesterday arvo.

Johno

Heard marine rescue talking to some sailboat that said the wind was going to blow up in the late afternoon. The thing is when we checked the forcast in the morning on willy and seabreeze the forcast was for 15-20Konts which is quite fishable in our boat.

To cut a long story short it was very quite with only one yellow fin caught near us and a very wet and rough ride home.

One of the crew has damaged his ribs and five of us were pretty sore wet and sorry when we got back to pittwater .

Mate what boat were you in? We were near the yin caught late in the arvo near browns we you nearby also?

Mate what boat were you in? We were near the yin caught late in the arvo near browns we you nearby also?

36 blackwatch.

We were heading in when we heard of the hook up but it was blowing pretty hard by then so we just kept on heading in.

36 blackwatch.

We were heading in when we heard of the hook up but it was blowing pretty hard by then so we just kept on heading in.

I have heard some really good reports on those hulls, would you mind sharing your thoughts, I gather your pretty happy with the performance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi GH1952,

Glad to hear you were in a 36 blackwatch when you are in a 20 knot wind coming in from north of Heatons. Seabreeze and Willy weather forecast is really only good for inshore fishing and even then it is not always reliable. For Blue water fishing use the BOM marine wind forecast for offshore marine wind forecast as it is more reliable, this is the address

http://www.bom.gov.au/marine/wind.shtml?unit=p0&location=nsw-syd&tz=AEDT

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft