Fishing Holiday

landlubber

G'day Lads,

Its been quite a while since i've had a good well earned holiday, and i am thinking of taking a fishing holiday.....

I am thinking a week or so, Somewhere warm, where i can do some guided fishing and also hire a tinny and have a stab by myself with the :wife: and also a bit of Landbased.

I dont mind flying seeing the airfares are cheap these days, so i am thinking Queensland...but where?

I was up at Airlie Beach for a couple of days 2 months back, top spot but i'd like to hear some first hand reports and get some advice from you blokes... :1fishing1:

Why fly to QLD when you can go to Coffs Harbour and experience great offshore game fishing, sportfishing and some of the best estuary fishing 6 hours from Sydney.

Cheers

Lee

65399[/snapback]

Coffs eh, sounds like a top idea....Coffs it is!

Was thinking of rafting the Nymboida river (2 days), 1 Day gamefishing, 1 day in a hire tinny in the estuary and some beach fishing (Will stay beachside)......oh, and spending "quality time" with the :wife::ranting2:

Any specific tips for the area? :1fishing1:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update lads,

We have booked in for 7 nights at South West Rocks, will be taking with me a light estuary outfit, a 7' SP flicking combo and also a 12' medium beach outfit.......i plan on doing some serious :1fishing1:

Will let you blokes have a full report on my return around 17 Oct.

Cheers

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Ok folks got back on Monday....

Well, the weather put a real dampener on things, went outside twice but days were cut real short due to high winds......however, wasnt all bad, managed to catch my PB Flathead @ 58cm :1prop: and a stack of undersize Bream, Snapper, Flathead and a couple of Tailor...

I'll be back in summer for the Mackerel :1fishing1: