Epic Day off Sydney.. Bluefin everywhere

Plenty of bluefin today guys.. We got 3 from 4. Some boats further south got up to 8. We also got a dolphinfish amongst the bluefin. Fish were on lures then easily caught on cubes, stick baits, jigs & even heard 1 boat get 1 on a handline.

We will be back out tomorrow.

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Plenty of bluefin today guys.. We got 3 from 4. Some boats further south got up to 8

We will be back out tomorrow.

Cheers

Damo

Damo Im heading out tomorrow out of the Hacking heading east south east then heading towards Heatons and then coming back via Browns. Any intel would be greatly appreciated.

I will be on 21 and 72 call sign Duckegg and always happy to assist.

Johno

Damo Im heading out tomorrow out of the Hacking heading east south east then heading towards Heatons and then coming back via Browns. Any intel would be greatly appreciated.

I will be on 21 and 72 call sign Duckegg and always happy to assist.

Johno

Duckegg, we were out today and landed 9 Bluefin up to 48kg between 5 guys. Fish were caught thanks to Orca calling us over at roughly 151.37.??? and 34.11.???. See you guys out again tomorrow.

what lures were they hitting today? and any idea what size bait they seem to be chasing?

We got them trolling on 8" lures and they definitely like lumo sprockets,also stick baits, plastics and jigging. Good luck guys!

Cheers Mike

We got them trolling on 8" lures and they definitely like lumo sprockets,also stick baits, plastics and jigging. Good luck guys!

Cheers Mike

Funny you say that Mike cause the Lumo sprocket was the only lure last week we had that didn't get eaten. Talk to you tomorrow

Hey Damo

Was listening to you guys and everyone else. But we had major issues with our radio. Couldn't communicate. We could hear but no one heard us. So we just got on with the job.

I was in the 7.4m white Sea Hunt that was double hooked on first run and triple hooked the second with only two of us on board in the late afternoon about 4pm. We got totally wiped out physically pulling in 5 bluefin between 40 and 45kgs in an hour but one dropping.

We dropped another three. Strikes for the day were: one on the troll, four on live yakkas, one on pillie and one on squid.

What an awesome day with fish smashing the surface, massive jumping out of the water and a huge amount of anglers leaving with quota filled very quickly.

Heard a few accidents onboard some vessels too. A self hook, self stab and I think a dislocated shoulder or something along those lines. Hope they are all ok. Would've helped with the stitching but count reply.

Many boats

were very respectful bar a few that couldn't help but cut very close over our cube trail and lines. The other cut so close that they did pick up both our lines into their prop. Might've been the divers in the alloy boat. Was peeves off but they might not know a fisho's comfort zone.

All in all a very exhilarating day. Reminded me of 2007 when it was ridiculous.

Good luck tomorr fellas.