Sydney SBT – 22-7-2014

Finally got out there, had electrical problems on our last 2 tuna fishing attempts and turned back both times, too risky to be 40NM out with a faulty boat, so common sense prevailed. This time my electrician assured me it was fixed. We left the dock around 9am to fuel up, unbelievable the boat played up going to the fuel dock and wouldn’t start after we refuelled. Arghhh!!!! Rang the electrician, his shop was nearby and Graham came over. After 2 and half hours we finally found the problem and had a solution to get it running.

I had 2 people on standby at Lavender Bay to pick-up. I called them and said it’s a really late start and we won’t get much fishing in but FU*CK IT lets go if you are still keen, we picked them up and we fanged it out there. We stopped for one minute to take a photo of a whale. I setup the gear on the way out going at 20-25 knots, crammed all the lures and teasers with pilchards so everything was really to haul out when reached our destination which was about 5MN NE of Browns.

By the way there looked like there were 50 boats on Browns as we went past it.

Finally we were trolling towards Heatons, 10 minutes into it and we hooked a small kingfish, never caught a kingfish that wide before. About 20 minutes later got a hook up on bigger fish but dropped it, probably a SBT. 20 minutes later hooked a BFT which stuck, landed it in around in 15 minutes, it was fat fish and we had to tail wrap and gaff it to pull it board.

After a bit of back slapping we decided to make our way back, we were happy with the one BFT, shit loads of tuna for everyone, no reason to kill another. So we put one lure out with a circle hook on a light trace so if we did get another fish we could release it easily.

Good luck to anyone heading out!

If you want to try our lures and teasers:
Lure Packs
- http://www.scentblazer.com/Products/tabid/292/CatID/157/RtID/774/Default.aspx
Teasers - http://www.scentblazer.com/Products/tabid/292/CatID/97/RtID/381/Default.aspx

Peter
SB Lures - www.scentblazer.com

post-22587-0-57717500-1406095175_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-27918500-1406095196_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-36428300-1406095216_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-52456500-1406095242_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-27755200-1406095257_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-70507600-1406095272_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-20777700-1406095291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

great work boys i hate when you have problems like that and they always seem to happen when the fish are on

thats amazing that you got a rat king that far out

those tuna look really big and those lures catch every thing

cheers sydneyfisher12

great work boys i hate when you have problems like that and they always seem to happen when the fish are on

thats amazing that you got a rat king that far out

those tuna look really big and those lures catch every thing

cheers sydneyfisher12

yeah I know I never caught a kingie that wide before, we should have used it as a BFT skip bait

Yeah mate sweet as how's the boat did u get the problems sorted fingers crossed for no wind and plenty of sun on Sunday :)

they patched it up to work on Tuesday and I had no probs, today they replaced the faulty alternator and they assured me its fixed, that's what they said time :)

you better bring some oars if we go out just in case