Yellowfin off Sydney

stacko69

Caught this Yellowfin on the cube today at Heaton's. We had them behind the boat for a while but decided one fish was enough for both of us and we were pretty stuffed after fighting the fish on 15kg for over an hour. It just wouldn't give up. It was my mates first Tuna and as you can see in the pic he's pretty happy. Called other boats over but they went a little deeper as they pulled up. I kept cubing as we were fighting the fish to keep the school there for others so would like to know if anyone else caught anything when I left. Not sure the weight but length was 1.50m.post-13322-0-17979700-1406374930_thumb.jpg

Edited by stacko69

Caught this Yellowfin on the cube today at Heaton's. We had them behind the boat for a while but decided one fish was enough for both of us and we were pretty stuffed after fighting the fish on 15kg for over an hour. It just wouldn't give up. It was my mates first Tuna and as you can see in the pic he's pretty happy. Called other boats over but they went a little deeper as they pulled up. I kept cubing as we were fighting the fish to keep the school there for others so would like to know if anyone else caught anything when I left. Not sure the weight but length was 1.50m.attachicon.gifnicktuna.JPGattachicon.gifnfin.JPG

Sorry not sure why photo is sideways

Well done mate. That is a beauty. Your mate looks stoked.

I hope they stick around. We fought one for 2.5 hours on Heatons on Tuesday and were cubing all the while and we could see other fish below the boat. We put the call out but I think most boats were around the longliner down south west of us.

Cheers

erroll

Well done mate. That is a beauty. Your mate looks stoked.

I hope they stick around. We fought one for 2.5 hours on Heatons on Tuesday and were cubing all the while and we could see other fish below the boat. We put the call out but I think most boats were around the longliner down south west of us.

Cheers

erroll

Do you think Bluefin and Yellowfin ever school together because my screen showed a massive school beneath the boat.

Nice fish mate well done

We have had 2 fruitless days out there even went 15mile past heatons today for zeros very depressing

Sorry to change topic but I notice you have a evolution is it a 6m I have been looking at one of them myself how do u find it

Nice fish mate well done

We have had 2 fruitless days out there even went 15mile past heatons today for zeros very depressing

Sorry to change topic but I notice you have a evolution is it a 6m I have been looking at one of them myself how do u find it

I reckon I just got lucky mate, as soon as I stopped the boat at Heatons within a minute of cubing they were busting behind the boat.

I love the Evolution, I've had a lot of boats but this thing is a beast. It is a very stable and solid boat with massive deck space. The only negative is the ride isn't as soft as I'd like it to be but that's only if your hitting a sloppy chop head on. It's got a big range as well. I've got a 320ltr tank and I did 110nm on Saturday and still had 140 litres of fuel left. I run an etec 175 and it runs great. If you ever need any more info send me a message.

Nice fish mate well done

sorry yes it's a 600

Do you think Bluefin and Yellowfin ever school together because my screen showed a massive school beneath the boat.

Mate I am no expert, but I reckon if the bait is around they are not going to get too picky on the company they keep. Interesting in your economy, I run a 300 suzuki behind my seafarer 6.8m and I use about the same consumption as you on a big day. The most I have ever put in the tank after a Heatons trip is 180ltrs. I have 340ltr when full. Cheers.

You've got to love the Suzuki's. I had a 140 on my old barcrusher and loved it. I must say I did open up the throttle running back from Heatons at 35 knots as the sea had flattened out so I probably used a little more than I should have but I know cruising at 20knots burns around 22L/hr. If I was too ever upgrade if probably whack a Suzuki 250 on the back.

Hope those barrels come back for one last crack.