seeking advice re minn kota

nadsinator

Hi guys im looking at getting myself a minn kota or similar bow mount. I have a 4.2m stacer seahorse tinny with centre console and 40hp yam 2stroke.

what should I be looking at power wise to push my rig about? Do I need a dedicated battery for the elec outboard? Who would you guys recommend to see for purchase and fitting etc? Im in the sutho shire. Im pretty handy but I think id rather have the whole setup done by the pros so I know its right.

love to hear some feedback or to point me in the right direction.

cheers

nads

55lb bow mount will be plenty of power for your boat.

i run 55lb minn kota on a 4.5 stacer nomad and its plenty of power.

For batteries i run 2 x 120ah agm batteries.

Used to run a single 120ah and would get between 5 and 8 hours use depending on conditions.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys im looking at getting myself a minn kota or similar bow mount. I have a 4.2m stacer seahorse tinny with centre console and 40hp yam 2stroke.

what should I be looking at power wise to push my rig about? Do I need a dedicated battery for the elec outboard? Who would you guys recommend to see for purchase and fitting etc? Im in the sutho shire. Im pretty handy but I think id rather have the whole setup done by the pros so I know its right.

love to hear some feedback or to point me in the right direction.

cheers

nads

You will get a great price and advice on Minn Kota's from our site sponsor's Huett Marine

Cheers Blood Knot

Hi, I prefer M/K and you can get the Powerdrive I-Pilot or Terrova I-Pilot-which is the better of the two. The boat will need a bracket welded on if not there already from the factory and yes the electric needs it's own deep cycle battery and as pointed out they are not light. The 55lb will be fine for your boat and they are 12V so only need 1 battery for this unit.

The I-Pilot with all it's features are a big improvement over the older non GPS auto-pilot units and are very popular. I see MG has finally caught up but I have not used or fitted one of these so can not comment-I doubt many of these have been retailed yet.

Cheers,

Huey..

Hey mate, I have a Minn-kota with I pilot 55lb on a Stacer Nomad 440 and it is fantastic.

I use it often and the anchor function is priceless.

I have a dedicated gel battery for it and usually get a few trips out of it before having to recharge.

I had to get a mount welded on and found a local business to do it for me and mate I tell ya they did a fantastic job.

They fabricated the mount and painted using original materials and paint, you cant tell it was an aftermarket fit up at all.

Send me a PM if you want some pics or their details.

Cheers

Choicebro

Hi mate,

I have a motorguide wireless 55lb saltwater elec motor on my 4.5m brooked side console and in powers the boat along fine. My boat has around 350hours on it and id say the mg elec would have pretty much the same if not more. Only had one prob with it and was fixed cheaply and quickly from the guys who i bought it from with my boat and still works fine these days.

I am extremely happy, if only i could find the $2k for that new (upgrade) gps mg elec lol. Though on the mg website it does not list a wireless footpedal being compatible with the gps mg elec motor. Every bit of web based info/review says it does have a compatible wireless foot pedal for the gps unit though. Might be worth contacting suppliers of mg to conform this or not. I love my wireless footpedal and dont think I could bring myslef to getting another elec without one