Sydney Harbour - Bream And Trevally

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

today i headed out on sydney harbour for a fish

got to drummoyne at 9:00am and headed for sow and pigs reef

i arrived and there were a few boats fishing there i ended up with about 20 trevally ranging from 27-35cm i kept a few for a feed

then i decided to troll north head for a salmon with some new xraps i had one red head and one aussie special colour out not even a hit for about a half hour so i gave up and fished just off the quarntine head i got a lot of undersized pinkies and some 30cm trevally and then left

i headed to my last spot just near H.M.A.S head i arrived and got two nice 30cm bream and a nice 35cm treavlly and alot of 30-32cm trevally which were great fun on my light gear

i then went to see the fisherman6784 at glebe and to give him some of my catch he got nothing there so i gave him a few fish

it was a great day out and i had lots of fun on the trevs

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

post-33466-0-13619500-1407570582_thumb.jpg

nice catch on the baits.

how do you cook your trevally?

I cook them (my dad does) by putting a bit of lemon slices with a bit of salt and sometimes pepper and garlic then wrapped in foil and cook on the BBQ for 20mins or so (never really paid attention to the time). So simple but so good. Same with the bream

Guest no one

What baits bro?

Heading out tomorrow morning in the harbour... plan for for S&P and North Head but only got pillies and some squid...

Any birds around?

simple is usually the best with fresh ingredients.

will keep a couple next trip and give it a go.

cheers boys and keep up the good work.

Sorry forgot to mention

You must score the fish and just put a bit of salt and little pieces of garlic in the little slits where you score the flesh

Also, whole fish with head if you want (we do) but cut the pectoral fins off

Good job mate! You always come home with a good feed, love the reports

thanks mate I always get a feed but In starting to look for more can't wait til summer when the harbour fires up again

Good job!

Looks like Trevs will be on the menu for a while.

sure will there not bad to eat if bled and prepared right

nice catch guys and a great day out as well onya :)

thanks crazy col it was a great day out on the water

Great job on the bream and trevally man, I'm totally jealous as even one under-size bream is good going by my standards at the moment!

mate don't worry most of my land based sessions have been fish less my usual land based spots are just not producing like normal