Central Coast Bream

tyrone07

Gday Fellas Dont get to post on here anywhere near as much as I would like to but just a quick update on some of the bream we have been getting of late in a variety of locations on the Central Coast. Most fish have been caught using a variety of switchblades, plastics and vibes on varrying retrives. All have been caught land based fishing 4lb main line with 6lb fluoro leader. Im a massive believer in that if you find the bait and offer a lure that resembles this the fish cant resist. Some of the better fish below, as usual the by-catch has been awesome.

Regards Tyrone

post-306-0-79463500-1409121751_thumb.jpg post-306-0-64345700-1409121768_thumb.jpg post-306-0-37361300-1409121800_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-22855200-1409121827_thumb.jpg post-306-0-71563800-1409121851_thumb.jpg post-306-0-05668200-1409121871_thumb.jpg

Haha yeah it looks like herpes but it's actually sand just before I took the pic I dropped it. Plenty of good fish up here just have to be persistent. I personally haven't caught a meter lizard yet but have seen them caught and they def exist. I've finally busted the myth and caught a few small Jew in the lagoons as we'll as by catch.

i was hooked onto a meter plus lizard near the mouth (bycatch on a pillie cube meant for bream). 4 pound leader so you can imagine how that worked out. Got it to the boat after fighting it for 10 minutes, my father calls it for ray because the head was that big. Gently tried to coax it to the net only to realise that the head is too big (i shold say too wide) for the standard fishing net! it swims back down, i applied a bit of pressure to try get it to the surface and thats where the flatties teeth did their job.

I am a very calm person usually but at that point i managed to throw my hat and sunnies across the boat full force, i sat down staring at my feet for 5 minutes in complete silence before my father in law breaks the silence with "that is the biggest flathead i have ever seen, noone is ever going to believe us its head couldnt fit in the net"

all i could say for the next 30 minutes was "we did everything right, i cant understand it" and "if only........"

will never forget that moment in my life and i get the same feelings flooding back just writing this now....

Edited by SquidMarks

Great work mate there some nice bream. What size was the biggest one? I love catching bream and especially on lures and blades are great hardly need to work them to get them to catch fish. The flathead are very big too they would be a great by-catch especially on 4 pound they would give you a great fight

Cheers sydneyfisher12

4lb leader on a big leader is never going to end we'll, But I would definately believe I have seen some massive lizards in Brisbane Waters. Yeah swear by the switch blades these days, although I love mixing it up with plastics. Hah it's funny the first fish was healthy I just dropped it in the sand just before the pic. Biggest bream was the second one was 40.5, still not my PB of 43 but was a very fat healthy fish

4lb leader on a big leader is never going to end we'll, But I would definately believe I have seen some massive lizards in Brisbane Waters. Yeah swear by the switch blades these days, although I love mixing it up with plastics. Hah it's funny the first fish was healthy I just dropped it in the sand just before the pic. Biggest bream was the second one was 40.5, still not my PB of 43 but was a very fat healthy fish

Ha! So thats why it looked bit crook!

mate, i fish central coast now and then so im glad people there are catching quality fish still, but i gotta ask, on the first bream pic you got mate, that bream have herpes around its mouth or what?!

:074: That's what happen to those dirty blue noses sucking everything that gets in proximity to their mouth (lure wise of course :) ) Although I must say that these lumps of sand do look a bit like some kind of disease like furunculosis if you look quickly! FYI herpes doesn't exist in fishes and no diseases are transmissible to human, only a couple of worms that are transmissible if fish undercooked but even then, it remains rare, good to know if you like to kiss your fish before chuck em back or do other things that causes herpes :nono::) :) :)

Hey can you shed a bit more information on which waterways you are fishing from on the Central Coast. I am trying to get better fishing at Tuggerah lakes, but so far have not managed 1/2 the quality of fish as shown in your pictures. PM me if you want to keep it private.

Hey can you shed a bit more information on which waterways you are fishing from on the Central Coast. I am trying to get better fishing at Tuggerah lakes, but so far have not managed 1/2 the quality of fish as shown in your pictures. PM me if you want to keep it private.

There is some good fish in Tuggerah Lake mate, but you've just gota have some patience. And worrying about tides won't do you much good, the best times is is to fish around the sun I've always found. Both sun up and sun down........

Plus you gots to berley..... Berley is your best friend in Tuggerah Lake.....

i was hooked onto a meter plus lizard near the mouth (bycatch on a pillie cube meant for bream). 4 pound leader so you can imagine how that worked out. Got it to the boat after fighting it for 10 minutes, my father calls it for ray because the head was that big. Gently tried to coax it to the net only to realise that the head is too big (i shold say too wide) for the standard fishing net! it swims back down, i applied a bit of pressure to try get it to the surface and thats where the flatties teeth did their job.

I am a very calm person usually but at that point i managed to throw my hat and sunnies across the boat full force, i sat down staring at my feet for 5 minutes in complete silence before my father in law breaks the silence with "that is the biggest flathead i have ever seen, noone is ever going to believe us its head couldnt fit in the net"

all i could say for the next 30 minutes was "we did everything right, i cant understand it" and "if only........"

will never forget that moment in my life and i get the same feelings flooding back just writing this now....

Seen someone do something very similar at the mouth to Paddys Channel. Couple of blokes in another boat maybe 30m away from us looked they were using poddy mullet as bait.

Poor bloke fought this monster for about 15mins and we could hear the drag getting smashed from where we were.

Seen her come to the top in between our 2 boats, and it was MASSIVE. She flicked her tail and snapped the line and went back to the bottom.

They must have been absolutely shattered, cause it was gutted for them and I was only watching.....

I did notice they both sat down and didn't fish for about 20 mins though. Must have taken that long to wipe away the tears.....