Who is constantly outfished by their partner ?

snatcher

I just accept it as par for the course now. Mind you the wife is a good caster but I still have to put on the bait for her and take the fish off :sun:

Up at Port Douglas we shared my rod on a boat trip up the river,having alternative casts. Dorothy caught 2 fish to my nil,including a mangrove jack which I still have to catch. !!!!

Last year we had a fishing session at Davison Park and I got well beaten. Think the score was 9 - 4 to the wife. Even my grandsons outfish me at times now. I put this down to good coaching though :sun:

John

I just love taking a keen female partner out with me. You are guaranteed of a feed of fish.

They have the knack of catching fish. Even newbies go great first time. They also pack a great feed to take out and look after you.

I am always happy when they out fish you. A happy partner makes for a great relationship.

I set up the rigs, the rod, the leaders and all she does is puts a small bait and Bam a decent size trevally and all I kept catching were Sweep.

Maybe it's because she can hold it straight longer without fiddling with the rod constantly

Dorothy was catching Tailor at will at Davidson Park while I struggled !!!

post-34124-0-40917800-1409557634_thumb.jpg

Dorothys flathead which she reeled in on MY ROD when I was not looking. At this point I had caught 42 ozzie species and still no flathead.

post-34124-0-89959700-1409557718_thumb.jpg

She still cannot drink a pint of beer as quick as me though :beersmile::biggrin2:

John

Dorothy was catching Tailor at will at Davidson Park while I struggled !!!

attachicon.gifIMG_1536r.jpg

Dorothys flathead which she reeled in on MY ROD when I was not looking. At this point I had caught 42 ozzie species and still no flathead.

attachicon.gifIMG_1537r.jpg

She still cannot drink a pint of beer as quick as me though :beersmile::biggrin2:

John

Good for you Dorothy :)

I can't get the wife to go fishing with me....

something about the early starts

hours on the water

wind and swell

the occasional spray of fish blood up the shirt

smelly burley

the "essence of prawn trawler" aftershave she reckons I must use

the late finishes

the boat cleanup after the trip

She is by no means a slouch when it comes to getting her hands dirty... she cleans out the gutters

unblocks the drains, fixes the kids cars on occasions

She's a wonderful girl... but she can't do the boat and fishing thing.

That means I have to go all by myself or with the boys... thats a shame!

Edited by fragmeister

Good on you Dorothy. My husband use to bait my hook and release my fish - then he woke up. I was catching fish before he got his line in the water.
I rig, bait and release myself and still manage to out fish him on most outings.

He does :074: at me though, I either eat or bait up with plastic gloves on. I can't stand eating with smelly fingers, yuck.

I never catch a thing when I take my family out.......

The young bloke brings in fish after fish (big and small) so I'm forever either baiting his hook or taking a fish off it, and the missus is continually losing hooks and sinkers etc so I'm forever rigging her rod back up.

(And she wonders why I enjoy taking my mates out on the boat for a fish and a punt more than taking her ;))

So I'll just throw out a hand line and check it every 10 mins or so. Every now and then a flatty or a dumb crab will be on the end of it but not as often as I'd like!!

My wife can take fishing, or leave it. Depends on her mood. Now while I outfish her in the numbers dept., she always seems to score the biggest fish. I wish she was a bit keener. We'd have some cracking pics, or feeds, or both. Still, she's me best mate, and I can forgive all. Oh yeah, she a nurse as well, so that makes her officially, Mrs. Greynurse.

I never catch a thing when I take my family out.......

The young bloke brings in fish after fish (big and small) so I'm forever either baiting his hook or taking a fish off it, and the missus is continually losing hooks and sinkers etc so I'm forever rigging her rod back up.

(And she wonders why I enjoy taking my mates out on the boat for a fish and a punt more than taking her ;))

So I'll just throw out a hand line and check it every 10 mins or so. Every now and then a flatty or a dumb crab will be on the end of it but not as often as I'd like!!

Mate I know exactly how you feel, it's awesome seeing the family have a great day but you really just feel like a deckie at times! At least you become a champion knot tier!

The trick to getting wives and girlfriends involved is to stop using live bait.

USE LURES

I only started fishing properly because of lures and catch plenty of fish when I go out. No self respecting woman will use stinky bait heh heh or as Lyn says they use gloves.

Cmon boys give it a try - they will outfish you.

I reckon we need to have a "friendly" social where we have women against men. :clapping::gathering::whip:

My girl out fished me on my birthday in port Stephens and her "recommendations" made me catch more. She doesn't even fish!!!!!!!!!

Luckily I have a little daughter on the way so looking forward to being that deckie, I'd love my kid and wife to outfish me, I'd be much prouder watching them catching a huge fish that me catching it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my boss does not come out often but when she does she always gets more fish than I do.

She will only use Prawns for bait but being allergic to crustaceans I have to bait up for her. Oh the pain of it all!

On one occasion we were fishing Queen Lake near Port Macquarie, she cast out, sat back and got a bite almost straightaway. I am looking in the direction where she cast close to shore (overhanging trees) when I saw a nice Bream rising vertically out of the water. She had cast over a tree branch. I always tell that story whenever she tells people that she beats me every time.

Wish that I could get her to come out more often, maybe this is the year when that will happen.

Cheers

Paikea