Buckets

Ryder

How good is the humble bucket.

I can't throw one away, or look at one without thinking 'That's a good bucket.'

I used to make the guys collect all the empties on the building sites.

When they asked 'why, what's with the buckets,' I'd say' when you don't have one you'll know'.

I bought one after I did a session where I was catching yakkas faster than I could use them, then realised I had nothing to put them in. I got one that week and also got an aerator but have not had caught any live bait since. It is now however my caddie of all bulky crap I take with me fishing. Its sort of why I fell over today - every time I have gone out and thought "crap, I wish I brought <blah> with me" - I think between my backpack, bucket-o-crap and rods I was hauling all the fishing gear I have - and I still only used the one rod and one rig the whole day.

Funny post! I took for granted my endless supply of buckets from my last business. So much so when I spent a day out boating, I throw the rubbish bucket in the bin too! Now I don't have that business, I'm more than ever protective over my remaining buckets! Oh the small trivial things in life make me laugh!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I am forever in trouble at home not for collecting so many buckets but for mumbling quietly "a man can never have enough buckets" every time the missus comments on them.

Dave

That's hilarious mate, I draw some criticism on the home front for going to great lengths to salvage paint brushes others would throw in the bin & have heard myself saying (not that anyone cares) that a man can never have enough paintbrushes. There must be something wrong with us :15:

It's funny the thing blokes gather over time.

My father-in law has so much stuff hoarded in his shed and garage that you could open your own bunnings.

I kid you not he has power tools in cabinets that are brand new in the original boxes that his had for years.

Last time I was there I counted 46 hammers, 17 pliers, 14 shovels etc, etc, etc.

He is the worse hoarder there is.

His wife tells him he has only two hands, why does he need so much stuff?

He says because he has his favourites and when the kids lend something he always has a spare.

His wife then reminds him he, s got five children not 100.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

Anyone recommend the fold-out ones? I don't have a car here, so don't really want to go lugging one around on public transport when I'm already carrying my rod and (soon to be purchased) yabbie pump.

Hey Adamski,

You sure are a dedicated fisho!

Gotta respect a man who who seems to turn up all over the harbour and gets there on public transport.

Cheers

Jim

Hey Adamski,

You sure are a dedicated fisho!

Gotta respect a man who who seems to turn up all over the harbour and gets there on public transport.

Cheers

Jim

Hey Jim,

Yeah, to be honest it's nice to live in a place such as Sydney where there are so many spots accessible through public transport. Gotta love the Opal card and it's "Make 8 complete journeys, get the rest of the week free" policy! ;)

Adam