Port Hacking - not much to report

Yowie

Pumped some nippers and started fishing just after first light by drifting along various sand banks.

Fished for some hours for 2 bream near the 30cm mark, 2 undersized whiting, 2 undersized flounder and a few little reddies.

Tried many places, and in some areas, no bites at all.

A couple of whiting here and there, but not interested in the nippers. Quite a few blackfish scooting through the weed patches.

In the main channel between Lilli Pilli and South West Arm, there were a hundred or more salmon cruising about, feeding on tiny baitfish on the surface. Tried 3 different lures for not a touch, then tried skipping a small metal bait fish style along the surface, Had a few follow ups and 2 hook ups, but both spat the hooks.

A nice sunny day, little wind and very little to take home.

Been a fair few salmon of late,some good trevally too. A couple bream makes a nice meal.

Cooked up the fillets with some chips, veges and a nice bottle of Riesling.

Was pulling out a few nice tailor, 1 or 2 a session, up to 2.5 pounds, before the rain in August, after the rain the size dropped off to just over legal size, and now nothing, so tried the shallow water for a change. Can only get better.

Losing your touch yowie! Lol. Always enjoy reading about you taking home a feed. Next time mate, I bet you brain em!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Not losing my touch Scratchie, just that the bastards won't take my bait !!!

Water has not warmed up too much just yet.

The salmon were swimming around the bottom, water only 6 to 8 feet deep, then headed up to the surface to feed. When a boat zoomed past, they headed back to the bottom for a short time, then back to the surface again to feed. Some were leaping out of the water like big mullet while feeding. Other boaties were casting away for nothing as well.

I had a ball yesterday morning with the salmon landed 3 lost 3, they were going nuts for the zman grub in pearl light jig head at Cabbage tree point, i paddled over to Merries reef and saw another big school but the dolphins appeared and i left as it felt sharky!!! …..wish they were Kings!,high tide on the flats seems to be the time ,

Cheers

I had a ball yesterday morning with the salmon landed 3 lost 3, they were going nuts for the zman grub in pearl light jig head at Cabbage tree point, i paddled over to Merries reef and saw another big school but the dolphins appeared and i left as it felt sharky!!! …..wish they were Kings!,high tide on the flats seems to be the time ,

Cheers

That's the problem with salmon. Some times they don't want to take a lure or bait, other times they will grab anything that moves, even bare hooks.