Not sure where to take the boat....

Tag117

Hey Raiders,

I recently got a boat and have taken it out through the hawkesbury and cowan creek several times. Tomorrow, the seas look calm, im gonna give fishing offshore a try. I am not really sure where to go and was thinking maybe long reef or just outside the heads at the mouth of the hawkes. Anywhere not too difficult that a fish may frequent. I have a 5m half cabin boat with a 90hp engine. I was thinking of trying for salmon, snapper or even kings.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tag

Looking at the forecast, if you want to go outside tomorrow I would plan to be done and get inside by about 1pm if you want to be comfortable.

Yeah, was probably gonna be out there by 7:30 and back in by 12:30, wind looks pretty strong

Launch from rose bay and poke out past the heads and check out the arty thats what ill be doing.

Just remember its always a little rougher between the heads with deflection until your well clear of north head so dont get gun shy.

Ill be doing the same and drifting for flatties, get me on VHF if you like. Callsign dirty Nelly.

Cheers

Paul

with weather limiting your time I would plan an easy one, Between the heads of the Hawksbury & drift anywhere you will find fish, there's a lot of reef fish around there I havent got any record breaking fish there but plenty of entertainment with reef fish & mowong. Stay well clear of the eastern side of Lion Island theres a bomby there can be dangerous!

Thanks a lot for the help! Really appreciate it! I fished around the barrenjoey head. Didn't get a lot of fishing time due to heavy seasickness, and the waves picked up heavy near lunch time. But i got my first hookup with a kingfish!!!! Wasn't expecting it and was fishing quite light line, so it bust me off, still had a good day and caught a couple of fish! Really appreciate the help guys, ill be heading back there armed with bigger line and hopefully land my first king soon!