Sounder placement

martoiscool

Hi all,

Just purchased a blue fun scoundrel and am in the process of fitting it out. I am having trouble on where to mount my sounded as on my old boat I was a let to fit the sounder on the bench seat, under the right side gunnel. This boat has pedestal seats and im wondering where everyone else with pedestal seats mount their electronics.

I don't want to mount it on top of the gunnel as it will no doubt cop a bit of spray and it will get in the way. I was thinking of boxing in the side pocket and mounting it on that but I'm not sure. Wondering if ppl could post pics of where they have mounted theirs.

Cheers, Sam

Thanks mii11x I had a look at their site and they sell a kit specific for the sounder I'm after. Looks like I'll be able to mix and match to get the desired effect I'm after aswell.

Anyone else used ram mounts for holding sounders under gunnels of their boats?

Sorry for the dud pic, under the cover at night.

I have had a box made up, attached to the upright rib, enclosing the wiring and allows the sounder to be mounted solidly with some protection, below the gunwhale.

post-1192-0-63404800-1414752325_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevefish

Thanks mii11x I had a look at their site and they sell a kit specific for the sounder I'm after. Looks like I'll be able to mix and match to get the desired effect I'm after aswell.

Anyone else used ram mounts for holding sounders under gunnels of their boats?

Smarto, I posted pics of my setup. you wont be disapointed with the ram mount, every part of it is metal, no plastic at all. Also, I paid for express postage from chsmith, ordered Wed morn, delivered Thu morn, Melbourne to Sydney.

• 3 weeks later...