Ants

chocolate

Hello all, Just like to ask has anyone got problems with ants coming on there boat while parked in drive way ETC, And what can you do to get rid of them, I now put light sprinkle of salt around tyres as ANTS don't like salt, and front of the boat were the landing leg is , After washing the boat on the weekend and putting salt down no ANT'S , I know there is ANT powder or gel that eat and die , But would like to know what else can be done .

I have the same problem with them being in my ute. Mine live in the pavers below, last week while in woolworths there was some powder/granules called antfex. I bought that and it has seemed to work for the pavers. I think my ants might have a nest in the car somewhere, as i have seen no ants on the pavers, but still a few in the car the last couple of days.

By the sounds of it yours must live somewhere near the boat, perhaps under it. I I heard that salt does work, they eat it apparently and explode or something, maybe try and get some antrid or similar also.

I have crew that have a habit of "temporarily" storing lollies in the glove box and the boat lives near trees. We use Ant Rid if we get really annoyed but normally I just leave them to their thing and they eventually move along. It is available most places. That would be the gel stuff. They are also more active around rain.

Borax is the main ingredient of Ant rid, I use to manufacture for them. Mix borax with sand about a tea spoon of borax to a cup of sand. Antrid is borax and honey.

They take the borax back to the nest and the honey is the attractant. I put honey and borax in a clear takeaway container with holes in the side around the cats dishes and have no problem with the ants.

If you spray a outdoor insect spray on your tyres and front trolley wheel and a container of borax and honey in the boat, this should keep them under control.