Post Fishing Trip Boat Cleaning

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Sometimes after a long fishing trip I get home a little tired and the prospect of the post fishing trip boat clean is a little daunting.

It takes me an hour to and hour and a half each time.

Interested to hear what other do and how ling it takes them.

Cheers

Jim

13 foot tinny is a bit easier, especially after an SP day,

Drive through car wash for $2 and a couple of minutes, if it's a bit baity double that, then flush at home and it's done.

And rinse the reels under the tell tale takes care of the gear. The esky gets cleaned after the fish is eaten and the ice is gone.

A bit of effort cleaning any mess immediately makes things easier at the end of the day.

Interesting post, I went fishing last week got home Sunday afternoon , gave the boat a rinse ,And rinsed / flused the motors with CMAC, Then Monday washed the rods and then the boat with hot water and heaps of soap to get rid of and salt, Today I went around and still not finished wd40 the trailer were all the cracks were salt can hide. I still have not hit inside my motors yet and the inside of the boat light wipe inside the boat were salty hand were placed , I am a firm believer that salt does some severe unstoppable damage if not cleaned right, So I clean it and some say I go over board but this eliminates any future damage, But I look after my pride and joy.

GOOD POST Fragmeister.

Edited by chocolate

We clean our boats at the ramp ( probably not available at some Sydney ramps). My mate normally cleans the fish and I wash the boat with biodegradable wash and chamois off, normally takes 3/4 to 1 hr including rods. Most of the time I'm finished first ( cause we catch so many fish). It is only 14 1/2 foot long. Parked in garage so good to keep it smelling acceptably, I always finish with a dash of disinfectant straight on the floor.

Great to get home and only have the inside of the evakool to clean, put the boat straight away. Drinking beer much quicker!!

Cheers

Marlin

Being at a Marina is easy, and the tiredness doesn't set in.

When I had the trailer boat though. I started using those do it yourself car wash places, with the pressure hoses etc. still use the one down the back of Kirrawee with the mates Scout.

It's quick and easy, and does a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Like all things organisation is the key to a hassle free boat wash. The local car wash is the go for starters. Really gets into those hidden places and removes the salt and grime. What needed to be kept dry was put in a 50ltr storage container and any electricals had a cover.

Fish were always cleaned on boat and stored in esky for the purpose. Knives had their own plastic storage box and cleaned before stored

Pliers etc were given a light rub with baby oil and stored in container.

Back home boat dry and out came the lubricants and a flush of the motor, Springs given liberal coating of parafin oil.

My Rods and reals were never hosed but washed with soapy water and tooth brush. Reals dried with soft cloth.

Boat garaged and Rods etc stored inside house.

I had a 15ft tinny for 18 years and had a trouble free time with boat and motor for most part of that time. Regular maintenance of motor after each use with wipe downs and regular flushing when not in use helped.

I did a maintenance course at Manly Tafe that helped my knowledge. Members of my fishing club also played an important role.

Sounds pretty

Like all things organisation is the key to a hassle free boat wash. The local car wash is the go for starters. Really gets into those hidden places and removes the salt and grime. What needed to be kept dry was put in a 50ltr storage container and any electricals had a cover.

Fish were always cleaned on boat and stored in esky for the purpose. Knives had their own plastic storage box and cleaned before stored

Pliers etc were given a light rub with baby oil and stored in container.

Back home boat dry and out came the lubricants and a flush of the motor, Springs given liberal coating of parafin oil.

My Rods and reals were never hosed but washed with soapy water and tooth brush. Reals dried with soft cloth.

Boat garaged and Rods etc stored inside house.

I had a 15ft tinny for 18 years and had a trouble free time with boat and motor for most part of that time. Regular maintenance of motor after each use with wipe downs and regular flushing when not in use helped.

I did a maintenance course at Manly Tafe that helped my knowledge. Members of my fishing club also played an important role.

Sounds pretty much the same as what I do... except I have a pressure washer at home so I use that.

I didn't clean mine yesterday... I was too wet and tired. I'll clean it tonight. I always flush the motor for a minimum of 30 seconds though

I didn't clean mine yesterday... I was too wet and tired. I'll clean it tonight. I always flush the motor for a minimum of 30 seconds though

Well, sometimes I leave the inside, rod cleaning and emptying all the gear for the next day I have to admit although that's usually after a 3am to 3pm session

... not as young as I used to be.

post-30931-14162182213758_thumb.jpg

Lucky I decided to clean my boat before I take it out tomorrow... 18 months in Aus and found my first venomous spider. It died of very unnatural causes 5 seconds later!