HAWKESBURY FLATHEAD SATURDAY

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

HEY guys

ive been told by a mate that he has a spot in the hawkesbury that all ways produces flathead every time he come back home with 8 to 10 flatties and im like WOW!!!

So I told him im coming ill get the boat ready and we go !! (Knowing my luck will get zip ) so he tell me to get ready and we leave my place at 10am so I do and told me not to bring bait cause we are going to use plastics GREAT NOW IM NOT GOING TO CATCH ANYTHING LOL .

so we leave at 10am and head down get to the ramp and off we go the his spot put the plastic on and away we go so about half and hour gone I tell him I hate fishing with plastics and then BANG my rod goes off and im like yes bring the bugger up and it was just under size so off he went to live another day !!!

Now my heart is pump with adrenalin so I cast my rod back in and as soon as it hit the bottom BANG im on again being him up to the boat and grab the net he's a keeper im loven this type of fishing so I ended up with 5 keepers and we packed up at 4pm and went home..

I think im hooked I cant wait to go back and do it again I love this type of fishin

post-30574-0-72187300-1416119407_thumb.jpg

Guest stephanb79

Until I catch a fish on a soft plasticsI refuse to believe they work.

I said the samething!!!!! They work just got to have patience

Nice catch on the Hawkesbury there Stephanb79.

My first outing with plastics was a similar experience. Since then though, it's only been intermittent success on them. I wonder if the strong fast tides on the hawkesbury make fishin with plastics a bit difficult. I always struggle to know the optimum jighead weight to use.

On the weekend I ended up getting a nice catch of flathead on the Hawkesbury around Dangar Island. Was flicking plastics but they weren't touching them. Ended up catching all my flathead on prawns that we had out as well. So no luck on the plastics, but still got a good feed.

Great catch! And probably $100 worth of flathead fillets...

We always fish a live poddy mullet out one side and flick SPs out the other......the bait is more tempting, but the plastics cover 100 times more territory so I guess our score card is probably SPs just ahead.

Our biggest - 92cm - came on a pillie tail when we couldn't find any mullet. I'm heading south to catch her again in a few weeks.

Edited by josamill

Guest stephanb79

Great catch! And probably $100 worth of flathead fillets...

We always fish a live poddy mullet out one side and flick SPs out the other......the bait is more tempting, but the plastics cover 100 times more territory so I guess our score card is probably SPs just ahead.

Our biggest - 92cm - came on a pillie tail when we couldn't find any mullet. I'm heading south to catch her again in a few weeks.

thanks mate true that !!!

I cant catch live poddys for some reason!!!:(