Botany Bay 22/11

Rami

Well, over the last few weeks I felt like I really needed to lift my game in terms of what I can catch. So when Iceman asked for someone to go fishing I literally jumped to have a go.

So on Saturday morning, we met up at Oakley ramp and off we went. He had a single look at my setup and offered me one of his rods. (Looks like my rod is too heavy for SP). One we got going over some weed we settled down to business. After going over the basics of SP, we got started. It didn't take long until we caught something. Ended up with a nice Travelly. I even managed to grab a couple :). Nothing compares to when that fish grabs the sp, I wasn't really convinced about its effectiveness but it not as hard as I thought it would be.

We spend the rest of the day trying out different things. And iceman being patient with my 1001 questions ;) but I learned a lot I think. Thanks mate.

post-35009-14166862174857_thumb.jpgpost-35009-14166862465628_thumb.jpg

It was no problem taking you out Rami and I don't mind all the questions It seemed a little quiet up on the flats I thought we would have got more fish in hindsight we probably should have looked a bit closer in to the mangroves

The soft plastic you caught the trevally on were Gladiator smashbaits 7cm colour 11 and I was using squidgy lobbies colour dusk

Outfits you were using were Shimano raider lure project vibe (a 2500 size reel suits this rod) shimano symetre 1500 reel with 4lb crystal fire line and 6lb sunline FC rock leader The lighter outfit was a raider lure project minnow with a stradic 1000 3lb powerpro braid and 4lb FC rock leader

post-62-0-45389900-1416690669_thumb.jpg

You finally got your line connected to something rami! Awesome. The iceman is a very experienced fisho and I hope with the 1001 questions you asked, that you listened to his answers.

I also think you have had an insight to what this forum is all about.

Iceman, your a true champion for taking rami on board and you deserve your "mentor" status.

Btw, nice fish fellas! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!