Finally stretched a line

batfishing

Has been quite a while, in fact I think the last run was chasing Yellowfin!

We planned to stay out on my boat on Saturday night in Botany Bay, but my fishing buddy came down with pneumonia or something. So I brought the boat back over from Botany yesterday afternoon and put her back to bed in the Hacking.

We trolled passed Botany heads and did a run past Jibbon for nothing on the way.

Anyway last night he decided he would sooner feel miserable on the boat as at home, so we agreed to go for a run today. With him on medication it was never going to be a real motivated trip. We finally left the marina at 1130, and discussed the Fads. However the wind as we hit the heads dismissed that idea, so plan B was to play around the Bommie and troll down to Little Marley.

First pass on the Bommie, triple hookup, 2 of us on the boat, and a 20knot plus breeze....great, so I placed the boat. The one I had on snapped of after 5 minutes, felt like a good king. We landed and returned 2 rats. A couple more passes a couple more rats.

Then ran down to Marley, we were marking some good bait balls and arches before the point down around 16m. So we did a dirt and dropped some plastics, one Seargeant Baker around the 50cm mark returned.

Then trolled all the way back to Jibbon, a double hook up as we went past, 2 more rats returned. As I wound the third line in to pack up, a surface hit and a good King, so Ian cast the other line out, 3 cranks and bang.

That was us done, smiles on both dials and feeling better. Boat tucked away, washed up and in the car heading home by 3.30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also took my first wave over the bow and up to the windscreen in this boat, which considering it was 1-1.5m with the occasional bigger one, was a bit of a thrill (is that the right comment.) in a 35' is a strange feeling.

Then on the last pass on the Bommie, had a wave break right in front of the bow, and yes we were clear enough of the Bommie.

Actually meant to say in that, I am used to worse, and didn't consider 1-1.5m big, hence my surprise when I buried the bow into a wave.

Edited by Ian Bat

I don't know you bloody young blokes thrill seeking :074:attachicon.gifimages5.jpg

We saw that on the way back in, some guy went hurtling past us in his (what looked like) brand new center console, about an 18-20'r, with the family on board, no rods or anything, luckily all had life jackets on. Suddenly saw him drop into a trough and go sideways and tip...........I thought here we go....remarkably it righted, no one was sitting in the same spot though!

Amazingly he kept heading out.

Good to hear Ian, the wind is our enemy. Fished the hawkesbury overt the last two days chasing the elusive ghost ended up with 4 soapies but the wind made it pretty hard. Good to hear you're heading out. Not long for the beakies to fire up.

Cheers Vic

A good days fishing!! When u say the bommie do u mean the one just out from bare island? I was around botany aswell today and went down 2-1 to a few rat kings just around from trevally ally

No out the front of Port Hadking, Jibbon Bombora

Hi Ian great to see you getting out and getting a few.

We used to get quite a few kings off marly wreck about 15 years ago havent been down there since, there wasent much left of the wreck then. Can you still pick it up on the sounder.

Hi Ian great to see you getting out and getting a few.

We used to get quite a few kings off marly wreck about 15 years ago havent been down there since, there wasent much left of the wreck then. Can you still pick it up on the sounder.

I'll check, it's not a mark I've fished, I know they still dive it

Good to see you getting out mate. Can't believe you haven't wet a line since us out chasing yft.

Wow, taking a wave over the bow will get the adrenalin going. Hope it's not to long between drinks next time!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I did one more Tuna run after that one Geoff, but still feels like an eternity.

Have had my Dad in hospital for over 10 weeks now, and they are 2 1/2 hours away, plus quite a few other family health things going on, the storm damage in the warehouse and work itself.............before you know it, a few months has gone by!

I did one more Tuna run after that one Geoff, but still feels like an eternity.

Have had my Dad in hospital for over 10 weeks now, and they are 2 1/2 hours away, plus quite a few other family health things going on, the storm damage in the warehouse and work itself.............before you know it, a few months has gone by!

Sorry to hear of your woes Ian. I guess it makes getting out on the water when you can even more enjoyable! Take care.