George's river today

Number1fisher

Once again decided to head out with the kayaks as the boat is at the doctors. Decided that George's was a nice place for a feed. Launched at 7 from oatley ramp (late because low tide was at 9:30 so planned on staying late) and trolled a plastic to the bridge on the right around the corner. We moved further down after having no luck. After 10 seconds we were having bites . After 1 drift I had a 16cm bream ( with a new bait for me, steak) I went back up to the beginning of the drift and started again. I got a big bite. It was a flatty. I brought it up to the kayak went to unhook the net and a massive 45-55cm flatty broke the 17lb braid. I had no luck for another 4 hours trying other spots when I returned the the drift spot again. Constantly being baited but no takers. I then had a 18cm bream on a hand line ( not even noticing it was there until I brought it in).

For the first time ever my dad had caught more fish than me on the kayaks. He had 3 nice bream a whitting and a flounder. He also lost 3 crabs as he couldn't manage to get the net underneath them.

Overall i would rate this as the best kayak trip I've had so far and we would of had over 30 caught if we were on the boat ( because the current was so strong).