What is a good gps for my boat

stevex

Hey all not sure if im putting this in the right section but we bought a 5.4 quintrex spirit and we want to take it outside but it only has a cheap fishfinder on it atm and was wondering wats a decent plotter/gps i can buy and should i buy something with a fish finder on it aswell something no more then $1500 cheers any help would be great

I'd suggest the combos best of both worlds that way.. 1500 is top range type gear I'd imagine. I have a lowrance elite 7hds combo and I'm wrapped it's fantastic. The site sponsor huett marine sell them I'd strongly suggest talking to the about there products.

Lowrance combo 7HDS .Heaps good up to 260 meter depth just one thing learn how to Use it ,it the biggest issue people has when the use, GPS also Fish Finders . Take your Time, but very worth while to learn you can navigate any where anytime day or night .there is two DVD's "Dr Sonar " witch was very helpful .

cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

Edited by oziodin

For the $1k mark you can get the Garmin 70Dv. So that has GPS with garmin G2 maps, 10GHz gps antenna, fish finder and down view built in. One transducer. Its a great unit and holds bottom underway. Has all your water temp, speed, conpass bearings on screen. Pretty happy with it.

I too was considering the lowrance one and raymarine but i prefered the graphics on this unit. All other units are good too. Personal choice really.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks locodave i installed mine without any drama but been trying to put marks in but when i type the numbers in some marks i cant put the excate numbers in cause it wont let me have u notice it if so do i have it on the wrong settings or am i meant to convert it not real gps marks smart so not sure wats wrong