Bonito time

fisholb

Hi raiders. Just want to know if anyone had seen or catch bonito lately. The local fish shop is selling it for $20 per kilo. Unbelievable...

We used to bagged out on the bonito at hill60|bass pt/avoca/little bay but last year we didnt bagged out.

We always target the bonito during summer using pillys on floats or spinning with squid skirts on floats.

Have a safe and happy holidays everyone.

Thanks for your input in advance

Not heard or read anything yet... the slimeys are apparently starting to come in, and theres been a high number of Ratkings being caught so I'd expect the Bonnies & soon! Sure someone will post up once they start to bite!

Not heard or read anything yet... the slimeys are apparently starting to come in, and theres been a high number of Ratkings being caught so I'd expect the Bonnies & soon! Sure someone will post up once they start to bite!

Thanks for the reply mate

Mate, I normally have caught a zillion by now, yet I haven't seen any since last summer. We normally get them year round up here. Yes, the slimies and yakkas have been thick here for weeks but still no bonnies. Hence, the fishing has been poor of late. Can't wait until they start up, it means the marlin season ain't fat away!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mate, I normally have caught a zillion by now, yet I haven't seen any since last summer. We normally get them year round up here. Yes, the slimies and yakkas have been thick here for weeks but still no bonnies. Hence, the fishing has been poor of late. Can't wait until they start up, it means the marlin season ain't fat away!

Cheers scratchie!!!

We caught plenty of bonito last feb/march up there during the nsw comp...gonna be back there again next yr...hopefully i can tag my first marlin...

I didn't think bonito were good to eat?

Bonito r good to eat...as what incredible hull said...just need to prepare them properly n cook straight away...bonito goes mashy if u put them in d freezer for too long...they r excellent bait too...marlin loves them...