Hacking Session

Krispy !

Decided to get a session in this morning before the storm hit with a mate on his new boat. On the water at 6 and away we went.

Started off fishing the moorings for bream using unweighted prawns and the bream were on, we caught 2 thumpers one was 40 and the other 38, the biggest one smacked the prawn on the surface which was something that really got the blood pumping.

We ended up with 8 bream and a legal snapper off the moorings before we decided to move on and anchor up to see if there was anything else around for the run out .

We got the burley trail going and the sounder was showing some good marks which ended up being a huge school of sweep, but these werent the small ones, they were plate sized sweep. We could have easily caught 100 but they got annoying as we didnt want to keep them so we were forced to move.

Anchored up at the second spot which again showed some good marks down deep. Got the trail going i had a pilly cube on one rod and a prawn on the other. About 5 minutes later my mate was hooked up to a decent sized fish which was peeling line off his little stradic 1000. He was using 4 lb so it took him quite a while to tire the fish out but eventually we netted a kingy which went bang on legal.

A few minutes later my rod went off, i had 12lb on so i gave the fish abit of stick and after a good tussle up came a 71 cm king. Things slowed down after that with a few small trevally coming on the bite with 2 legals coming onboard. Packed it up after that with a good feed in check for both of us.

post-11865-0-10116300-1417941661_thumb.jpg

That's a top day, some nice fish. Do you mind if I ask were the kings inside or outside?

I was on the flats at mainbar this morning throwing some surface lures around but the whiting weren't interested. Only had a few small ones follow.

Congrats again, nice haul

Thts a good sesh u be happy with tht were u getting the sweep in gymea there is like a million of them there this year

Yeah mate they were in gymea, couldnt get a bait past them.

Good session there mate! Nice to see someone is pulling them in!!! Congrats!!!

Thank mate :)

That's a top day, some nice fish. Do you mind if I ask were the kings inside or outside?

I was on the flats at mainbar this morning throwing some surface lures around but the whiting weren't interested. Only had a few small ones follow.

Congrats again, nice haul

Thanks mate the kings were inside just look for the steep drop offs and burley them in, they usually show up in the trail.

Wow, that's an impressive haul. Never managed to see a legal snapper in the hacking, so good job there!

Thanks mate, legal snapper can be pretty tough because of all the pickers.

Well done mate looks like you guys had a great day on the water ! They will be a nice feed

How do you best eat those kings ?

thanks mate I usually have kingfish as sashimi

Great work mate nice kings I spent a long Saturday chasing them offshore of sydney early for nothing there were about 40 boats on one spot not catching a thing all the charters and even a tv show I think it was a mixture of the full moon and really green water from all the rain and no kings you did really well

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Great work mate nice kings I spent a long Saturday chasing them offshore of sydney early for nothing there were about 40 boats on one spot not catching a thing all the charters and even a tv show I think it was a mixture of the full moon and really green water from all the rain and no kings you did really well

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Great haul Krispy !

You always seem to produce great fish and a kingy or two... Or twenty!!!!

Keep up the good work

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice haul mate, good job!

Thanks guys, its weird I usually find the kings like the murkier water after rain. Sydneyfisher12 if there are 40 boats over a certain spot the kings will shut down. Better off moving somewhere quiet

Good work there Krispy, better than me down at Wallaga Lake (south of Narooma) Threw back more little flatties than legal size ones. Rained every day for the week, except for 1 day.

Very nice haul from the port

Well done

JD

Top session guys well done!!

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks fellas :)