Windang

Fab1

Hit the lake early saturday morning for a drift down the main channel after a very long layup.

The mornings tally was 5 flathead,the best going 67cm,16 whiting to 41cm and 3 blue swimmer crabs which all but one were undersized.(Cheeky buggers held on to the Pilly baits then I simply netted them before they broke the surface)

I used 2 rods running 8lb mono straight through to either a #6 long shank hook or #1 baitkeeper.

Baits used were Prawns,pillys,beachworms with all fish pulled out of water less than 2.5meters.

All fish were hooked with the rods set in the rear rod holders with a slight drag set.

I kept 2 flathead,6 whiting and the crab for the table and released the others.

On my way back to the ramp I always make it a habit if I had a productive day to give something to someone that was less fortunate than me.

So i offered a flathead and 3 of my whiting to a youngster fishing with his mom of the jetty at the ramp.

All in all it was great to get back out with a few people catching a few fish from what I saw.

I didn't take photos as I was quite busy watching the boat,baiting,unhooking fish etc as I went out on my own.

Cheers.

Sounds like a great return to the water after the lay up. Those crabs must have been hungry, shame they weren't all a bit bigger!

Got to say that's a wonderful gesture sharing your catch with someone who's not done so well and I'm sure the fishing gods will keep it in mind for your future trips. Maybe when that young fella is a more accomplished fisherman he'll do the same for someone else.

Thanks guys,I'll try to grab a few pics next time I'm out if successful.

It's not the first time I've netted crabs that have taken a liking to my baits in the lake as it's happened a few times over the years.

And as for giving away a few fish....well, the way the young fellas faces light up is the icing on the cake for me.

Cheers.