help on game fishing please

Hey all my brother just bought a 5.4 quintrex spirit and we were looking at trying to chase dolphin fish or any game fish deep sea we have never been more then a few hundred meter of shore so everything is new to us we have gone up and spend big on everything needed for the boat and better fishing gear to take it outside we were thinking of going out of sydney head cause got told that where i need to go i dont have any marks to navigate to but ill research em hopefully i find something. Just wondering when use went out for the first time have any of use gone out with no experience. If so how hard did use find it and should i be worried also is the boat we have capable of going to where i can catch some type of game fish eg dophlin fish sorry for the stupid questions just looking for any advise or help in any way

I started out just the same when I went from 475 to 6 meter boat, I Started out staying in enclosed waters at first just getting the feel of the boat then moved on out from botany bay going down to Cronulla & a few trips around Maroubra then working out to the peak. I was always looking for some one to travel beside but that never happened.

be careful, watch the weather conditions and dont go trying to race across the ocean leave that for the guys that end up in trouble. Still after 6 years I wouldn't call my self experienced, Ive never been in bad seas to get experience and thats the way I want to keep it.

take it easy relax & enjoy!

Brett

Take your time, go further out each time - always check the weather hourly and pick your days. On your first trip out pick a low swell day with low winds. then you can make a call on how comfortable you are. Basically if you are not comfortable during a trip then turn around and find calmer waters.

If you don't feel comfortable always turn around don't push yourself. Pick your days then maybe one day head to long reef, then maybe head to the fad, then the peak, then 12 mile. Basically just a little further each time.

I regularly head around the whale fad area, and a bit further out and I'm in a 4.2 runabout and I'm quite comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the marlin have been seen chasing the bait fish all the way to botany heads so you can catch them not to far out. Just off maroubra 12 mile is going good at the moment and Botany Bay wide fad. This is because the water is hotter at these point and the further out you go. Dollies can be found around long reef maroubra and ive even caught them near the rocks which is rare.

Hopefully you enjoy your first few trips and have no issues

Rgds youngfela