late afternoon session

gregh1

Headed out to my usual spot around 5pm just before the turn of the tide. Ran into another raider at the boat ramp who just came back from being outside and said he had caught a 70kg marlin. That's a hell of a fish!

I was onto a nice flattie as soon as I anchored up and put a line out using green prawn. He was around 42cm and I sent him straight to the esky.

It wasn't too long before I pulled in another flattie at about 40cm.

It went off the bite for around an hour and the only thing I was getting were pinkies that all went back.

I tried for blue swimmers but didn't even look like getting one. I thought I would target these today as usually I just end up getting them out of the blue and not really trying to get them. No such luck today.

I upped anchor and moved to another spot and picked up a nice little flounder at around 27cm. Finally finished off with a 29cm bream.

Nice arvo on the water and to top it off I came home with a feed. :-)

Cheers,

post-30637-0-34733700-1420544611_thumb.jpg

Was more curious than anything. I'm in Brooklyn and we're allowed to use traps in the hawkesbury and have been getting a few lately in the witches hat traps. I've caught them on the line occasionally, but as a welcomed bycatch, not by any targetted method.