Good size whiting at Port Stephens

stickybeak

The night before me and my boys collected our live bait yabbies d91ed2d933964f7b52f50c221f110a6c.jpg

Saturday morning at 8.00 am we went to Fingal bay beach for the 5km park run. After the run went on the beach found a nice gutter up from surf life saving club on a rising high tide.

The boys were fishing light gear 6pd mono with a small running ball sinker straight to a long shank hook size 4.

Wasn't long before we had our first whiting and a good size one to start796d0f8d284a1bca7273e7234536b343.jpg

We had a good bite going on for a solid hr

The little fella lost 3 in a row the fish were putting on a good fight and the waves were smashing on the bank being now high tide sometimes making it hard to drag the fish up the beach sometimes.

But he ended up catching 2 fish and was so excited .Noah and Zane battled it out for the biggest and Noah got the last fish and the biggest 40cm bragging rights and beat dads pb by 4cm . Ran out of yabbies fished 9-11am

Back home now work tomorrow

Didn't do a lot of fishing because of weather but when we did found some quality fish got to love Port Stephens 44cb7007c267087ff48aab7b95a91299.jpgbc5dbfe014be0d250cea9bab214f2dc4.jpg

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nice replys

My boys love there fishing nearly as much as me !!

Papafish in the boat we go pumping on the north side of Pindmar Bay around the oyster racks and good spot for flatties

South East side all sanctuary zone

By land good spot is Salamander Bay in the east corner where the little park is . Same thing parts of Salamander Bay are sanctuary zones best to get a map of the fishing zones.

Just going through my go pro footage of Mahi Mahi and marlin looks ok here's a little snip

https://vimeo.com/116497902

Stickybeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk