BBQ Mount/holder

General Zod

After seeing The Iceman's tackle storage box post, I decided to contact DM Marine so he could make me a BBQ mount/holder a day just before New Years Eve. What followed was one of the nicest guys to help me out in such a short period of time. Although the job was only a small one, Dave was very helpful and really went out of his way to help. I had already cut my own pieces out but Dave recommended he do it out of one piece. I was hesitant at first but the price he gave me was great and he said it would be better of. He told me to come back in an hour and it'll be ready, so I did and I was very happy with the finished job when I returned.

Thanks Dave.

post-15062-0-67167700-1421058156_thumb.png

post-15062-0-99779700-1421058196_thumb.jpg

Does it get warm and heat up the metal?

Looks great!

yes, but it over hangs over the boat so no risk of getting burnt, so far.

Does that have only one clamp onto the rail or is there a support leg as well?

Cheers

Paikea

Only one clamp but that clamp can hold 10kg or more. The clamp is actually made for the Kuuma Stow N go BBQ's, a lot bigger and heavier than my one. Still a bit scary though I must admit. I think I'm going to put a chain strap to hold it if it goes over just in case.

http://www.kuumaproducts.com/Grills_216E.html

That's awesome! I reckon there's definitely a market for them! Especially if they are easily removed. I'd love one.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Only 1 Allen key to remove. Agree, definitely a market for them with small boats, I just wish I could weld aluminum.

That's a great idea. I was relegated to the bow of my cuddy to cook for friends previously. Did DM supply the clamp too? Can I ask what he charged?

No, I got that from Bais boating when they were open.

$100 he charged supply, bend and weld the aluminum.

Edited by General Zod

How good is that.....I will also copy your idea,I also think I will drill a few holes in the base and use it as a bait board as well.

Really good idea too and maybe add a removable chopping board to protect the metal went using it as a bait board.