Sydney Sat 17th 4-3-1 Black Marlin (NOW VIDEO)

rexaway1234

We headed out on Saturday with good intel from Friday of good numbers of fish off Sydney...

We were busy fluffing getting some livies in the harbour for dollies later in the day while we hear all sorts of reports on radio of early hookups and action out on the shelf with early morning tide change..

So we headed out to only find 23 degrees all way to 12 mile where we dropped lures in and headed for shelf expecting to find the break as we crossed over....no sooner had we started crossing shelf water rose sharply to 24,5 and 5 mins later the short rigger goes screaming...15 secs later hooks are spat and the small black proceed to taunt us free jumping around the boat instead!

so we pushed on until we found some trap floats and stopped for some dollie action. found hoards of 85-90 models so grabbed a heap in quick time then headed off again

1 hr later long rigger goes screaming and we think this one has stuck and start clearing lines, 30 secs later spat and another lost black.

20mins later big fish surfaces behind long corner and swipes but no hook up

we headed north as I thought there would be better water up there and as we travelled on shelf we ran along off long reef where we found 25 and about 500 dolphins schooling and looked like smashing bait.... we worked the area for zero tho
Turned and headed back south then about hr later the same lure on short rigger as strike 1 got smashed with fish leaping clear of water then diving back down onto it like a dolphin jumping in a wave....

This one stuck and we knew this was much better fish...by the time the deck scramble to clear lines was done I could start to see the spool and we were in real trouble with about 800-850m line out but then the fish stopped and we were able to get a bit of line back before crisis.

Half hr later we had the beautiful black boat side where he gave my mate a huge rodeo ride once he grabbed the bill, lucky he 6ft/4 with gorilla arms so now they even longer

Went 2.35m short lenth and about 120-125kg by my chart so ended up a great day

Water is good in close now boys, bugger weather has turned on us again now!

post-16878-0-55130900-1421615796_thumb.jpg

post-16878-0-23072700-1421615802_thumb.jpg

post-16878-0-08826400-1421615807_thumb.jpg

post-16878-0-56126500-1421615813_thumb.jpg

post-16878-0-88151000-1421615819_thumb.jpg

Edited by rexaway1234

Guess what Gary they on YOUR Outrigger poles also performed amazing from Day 1

Now video HERE BOYS

not bad for an iphone, no time to explain to my mate how to use the Gopro.

Raw video a lot sharper than before it uploaded unfortunately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOj4F1NeseQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUnmkJzmYeM&feature=youtu.be